Chapter 1

The Jazz Tour was at its peak on North America, as they were playing at The Madison Square Garden for two nights in a row.

It was November 15 when Roger Taylor, the Queen band drummer got out of the limo and had crossed the street with his sunglasses on, so he would get into the hotel without the camera flashes blinding him. John Deacon was coming behind him somehow close the drummer as the reporters were shouting and taking pictures of them as they were making their way into the hotel.

Brian May was the third one to get out of the limo and the last one was the frontman, Freddie Mercury, the one that really thought the reporters had no business with them and didn't even smile kindly as the previous two had done.

"Good evening, gentlemen", the male receptionist told them as Freddie's personal assistant, Paul Prenter was taking his place and smiling to the receptionist.

"May we have the room keys we reserved for the Queen band?", he asked politely.

John Reid, the band's manager was the last one to arrive as he had many things to do around the city as he not only managed Queen but John Lennon too. He wasn't alone as his newly recruited manager aspirant was beside him, a tall girl that had kind brown eyes and chocolate brown middle-lengthed hair.

"Those are the men I talked you about - Queen", he whispered at her ear as she was eyeing them closely. She had only heard about them, but she had never seen them in person. She came all the way from England after her brother of got her an job with the EMI. And it consisted on co-managing some rising band that was now touring on the States. "I'll introduce you to them later, they seem to be tired"

"It's okay", she nodded as she thought they didn't seem the difficult type to deal with. She had only read the crazy news that were scattered on England. The crazy Halloween night that this band had and the amazing stories the people that went to that party had to tell.

When the band was making their way to the elevator, looking very tired, Paul had turned around to meet the managers with a wide smile on his face. "Hello Grace, had a nice flight?", he asked as he noticed the dark eye bags she had.

"It was good, yeah", she simply replied as Reid exchanged looks with Paul.

"We'll be staying at the same hotel as them, it's part of the protocol", Reid started explaining as Paul handed them the hotel room keys. "If they don't get out of their rooms today, then you'll be meeting them tomorrow"

"Yes sir"

She wasn't really in the mood of coming out of her room either, feeling jet lagged. The bed was comfier than her uncomfortable bed bunk she had at the uni dorm rooms. And even comfier than her best friend Eliza's couch.

Sleep wasn't coming any time sooner as she was still in disbelief. She had landed a job, finally. And the salary was even greater than what she expected. And it all was thanks to that friend of her older brother that gave her a chance after learning that her studies were ended but she couldn't land a decent job after graduating.

She felt that she had wasted four years of career and then two years doing miserable jobs that at least got her food on her mouth, somehow.

Being twenty four and unexperienced in pretty much everything had taken its toll on her professional life. But thankfully, that guy John Reid was being nice to her and would actually teach her things she would never had learned at university.

University was crap, anyways.

She sobbed her eyes and then tried to sleep, she felt way too tired but was failing miserably at finally resting. It had been that way ever since she finished university.