Chapter 3

She was getting dragged by Paul into the dance hall as she was squirming to get herself free from his grip.

"I don't really want to be here", she muttered as the staff and roadies were drinking and dancing around. The rock music was louder than everything, only muzzled chattering could be heard. Her eyes were unconsciously looking for someone, she didn't even knew exactly who.

"Freddie told me he wants you here", Paul said while still holding a grip on her shoulders. She was sighing as she remembered the amazing show she had seen an hour ago. Then she decided to head back to the hotel, but was intercepted by Paul Prenter as he had a mission that Freddie had given him. Bring the manager to the after party, he had said.

"Why? I mean--", but she couldn't keep talking as she saw the booth where the band was sitting. Brian had a woman with him, his arms over her shoulder as the woman whispered something at his ear. She looked the other way. Reid had told her that two of them were married and she knew that it was Brian and John.

"You'll have fun", Paul smiled briefly before taking her arm and pulling her to the band's booth.

Roger was eyeing the place, looking for something interesting to get his hands on - even though he had promised his girlfriend he wouldn't do it anymore, the alcohol in his system and his manpower was just making him weak. Then he got his eyes over the manager that was being pulled by Paul.

"Here comes Freddie's pet", he said to John as he was between the bassist and the guitarist, while Freddie was on the corner of the seat, saving a seat for the woman that was being pulled by their assistant. John giggled before taking a long sip off his beer.

She felt uncomfortable as the four men and the woman were looking at her.

"Hello Gracie, darling", Freddie took her arm and made her sit beside her as she tried not to look at Brian and his mistress, neither at John or Roger. She wasn't used to this kind of ambience, even though she used to party hard when she started college - dropping that kind of life and sticking to quiet bars while years went by. "Did you enjoy the show?", he asked with a smile on his face that resulted charming to her.

"Yeah, it was amazing", she didn't knew what else to say. Yeah, she enjoyed it, but she didn't knew well any of the guys she was with, even though she worked with them now.

"Paul, would you bring our amazing Grace some drinks?", Brian said while smirking and she tried to hide the frown on her face as the woman was kissing his neck. It was obvious he was drunk.

Paul tilted his head at him but when he looked at Freddie and he nodded, he went to do so.

As soon as he was away, Roger and John were laughing at him. "How did you train him so well?", had asked Roger as he briefly eyed Grace that was looking somewhere else, clearly uncomfortable.

"Shut up", Freddie told him as he laughed. He didn't care about Paul and probably he would never do. He was just his assistant, even though he looked at him with puppy eyes and treated him as if he was some kind of precious diamond - he would never let him get on his pants.

Grace was playing with her fingers when John looked at her as Freddie lightened a cigarette. She had pulled an ashtray closer to him, unconsciously.

"What a nice girl, tell me - where are you from?", John had asked as he was noticeably drinking a lot and he had some confident aura around him, something she hadn't seen in him a few hours ago.

"I'm from Camden Town", she replied quickly as Paul had brought some drinks for her. He smiled at her briefly and she reciprocated, but with a tense smile. "Thank you-"

"What was your last name, again?", Roger asked her and she replied before drinking a sip of her beer.

"Warrington"