Chapter 26

The tour started successfully in Hamburg, on January 17th. Even though Grace found herself a lot more busier, since she was the only manager and Gerry had to supervise a lot of things with her. Both of them were always the first ones to get to the venue and look after the roadies, the sound engineers, the instruments, the enormous speakers and the lightning. 

She knew that after every night, the band was more than tired, so she didn't had the task to wake them up anymore. As she and Eliza shared a room, since they were one of the few girls around, the other members of the band would share their enormous rooms with their own personal assistants or their favourite roadies. The order really didn't matter, the only thing that did was how every morning, Eliza woke up earlier than her and made her eat breakfast forcefully before they leave for the venue.

Now and then they had a few hours free, so they could walk around the city for shopping or easy sightseeing. Freddie and Phoebe were together as if they were glued, Paul following them everywhere, as he was Freddie's PA and took care of a lot of things. Eliza and Grace were always around with Roger and Cheryl, whom had some kind of exotic tastes that made the girls laugh. However, once all the gang went out together, the first place they visited was (and it didn't surprise Grace at all) a sex shop.

The place had all kind of stuff that made Eliza laugh her lungs out as Grace was simply trying not to look at Roger that seemed to be very interested in a lot of stuff around there. She was simply eyeing here and there, avoiding the guys, as Eliza simply joked around with everyone.

"Gracey, this would fit you nicely!", Freddie said to her, while showing her a gag ball as she simply laughed at him. "Or should it be on Roger's mouth? Yeah, that's nicer, so we can finally stop listening his bitch pitched voice for a while now--"

"Fuck off, Freddie", Roger joked back as he took the gag ball, he wanted to show something to Grace, but she seemed not to be comfortable there. So he simply let her be. He kept eyeing around, as the other guys bought something.

"You're embarrassed", was the first thing Eliza said after they got out of the shop and Grace said she'd buy a bottle of water around the corner. Grace grimaced and ignored her comment, not really wanting to talk about it. "Look Grace, it's fine if you don't like it... no one's going to force you to play around with these things if you don't want to"

Grace sighed. "I know! It's just that... everyone seem to give it such an importance, I mean, sex isn't it all... it simply baffles me... I'm not comfortable with it now, I don't know why", she said and as some roadies walked past them, she crossed her arms and used a lower tone of voice. "I don't care about it, it seems... something that has so much more meaning than a game or a fun night"

Eliza smiled at her and put her hand over her shoulder. "It's okay, you have sorted your priorities now, I get it", she said as Grace looked at her with sad eyes. "You're in a relationship now, Gracey! It's because you don't find it fun anymore, it's because you do it our of love"

The brunette tilted her head, looking out for the band that were talking in front of another store. They were kind of arguing, as John poked his elbow at Roger's ribs, the blonde one looked out and they stared at each other. Grace looked the other way first.

"Hey, don't sulk", Eliza said as she hugged her friend. "I know it's been hard, Grace, but if you truly like this guy... then nothing else matters"

It was true, there were a few things bothering Grace as she felt a warm tear leave her eye. She wiped it quickly so no one could see how she felt.

Newspapers weren't nice to her, not even fans. They gave her out as if she was some kind of a homewrecker. As if she was a nasty bitch that only wanted fame and money. Nobody knew her truth. But the worst part was when a few days ago, her mother called, disappointed.

"You told me he was you boss, Grace", she said after exchanging a few words. "Why is everyone talking about you being the reason he left another woman? Is it true they were engaged? I even read that she was pregnant!", Grace didn't knew what to say, she felt as if her heart broke in a million pieces. "Your silence gives you away"

"Mum, it's not like that..."

"You promised you'd stay out of trouble", her mother sounded as if she was choking with her own tears. "Why do you have to disgrace me like this?"

Then her mother ended the call, leaving her in a mess of tears. The only one who knew about this was Eliza, as she shared the room with her. 

Roger sensed something was off, but as Grace seemed to be okay at all times, he never questioned much. He thought she was happy, sightseeing, shopping and hanging out with them. But in that day in particular, Grace seemed so off.

"Do you think it's something related to me?", Roger asked John as he saw how the girlfriends shared a hug. But after a few seconds, they walked away, getting into a restaurant.

"You're supposed to ask her if anything's wrong", John said, not giving a lot of importance to him as he eyed something he'd like to give to her wife. It was a cute simple bracelet. Since he knew his wife didn't liked expensive things, she was more on the basic side, he liked it. Maybe it wasn't as expensive as he'd like to gift her, but he knew it would have a great meaning for her.

That's when Roger remembered the bracelet. He never gave Grace the bracelet he bought for her on her birthday.

Before the show, Grace was the first to arrive to the dressing room. She made sure the drinks had enough ice, that the glasses were in good condition and she sat in front of a mirror, the only one having its lights on as she was deep in thought. She knew the band would be arriving in around twenty minutes as she sighed.

"Grace"

Roger's voice startled her as she turned around to see him. 

"Hey... did you guys came early?", she asked softly hugging herself from the seat. Roger shook his head as he walked closer to her.

"Just me", he said with a weak smile as he sat beside her in the other makeup chair. They stared at each other for a while and then he sighed. "Is something wrong? I sense you a little bit... off", he didn't knew how to explain himself, but she already understood him.

"My mother found out about us from the worst source... and she believes a lot of things written there... I don't know how to explain myself and she's just upset", she started telling him as he extended his hand, catching hers. She wasn't noticing it, but when she felt that he slipped something into her wrist, she stopped talking and looked at the diamond bracelet he had just given her.

"This was supposed to be your birthday present...", he laughed bitterly. "But a lot of things happened since then and I promised you a few things, too"

She felt the tears creeping on her eyes as she didn't knew what to say. It was a beautiful gift, but she felt so frustrated at the moment, she wasn't sure if it was the right moment for him to give it to her.

"But I promise you something that is certain and true, Grace", he said, catching her attention. "I am going to fight for us, I am going to fight whoever hurts you... because, you mean so much for me and I don't want to see you like this"

She smiled through the finally falling tears and nodded at him. He opened his arms and catched her as she threw herself over him to hug him. He patted her back as she cried in silence.

"Everything's going to be alright, Grace... we're together in this"