Chapter 27

The highlight of the tour might be that night where Roger had the brilliant idea to dye his own hair before the show. Eliza was busy handling Brian's hair before she could move on to Roger's when he was impatient and Grace was busy outside talking through walkie-talkie with Gerry.

When he washed it on the small bathroom in the dressing room, and it didn't took long before he realized how he had just fucked up. Grace entered the room the same time he was coming out of the bathroom and both of them stopped on their tracks when seeing each other.

Grace couldn't contain herself as she realized how green his hair was and the way his face looked totally pale.

Eliza almost ran out of breath as she was cursing Roger for being an impatient idiot and the rest of them laughed out loud at the sight of the drummer with green hair.

But there wasn't much more time and they had to go out.

"I hope your fans like fucking lettuce because that's what you look like, you twat!", Eliza was angry enough as to throw a comb to Roger as he ran outside, running away from Eliza's wrath. She then looked at Grace that was tip-toeing her way outside. "Your boyfriend's a fucking moron"

Grace nodded at her words and then brought some vodka to her friend, she knew that all that Eliza needed was some alcohol to cool down. After a few drinks, Eliza was happy again and they were making their way to a party downtown.

It was the last show before they went back home again.

Roger was walking in with Grace beside him, holding hands tightly as they looked around. The party was crazy, the music was loud enough to make a sober person deaf, but as they were already tipsy, they headed to the dancefloor to make their best moves.

Despite the fun, Grace was worried to face her mother after a few days of not talking. Theodore told her that their mother needed time, but she honestly wasn't sure.

She was dancing around with Freddie until suddenly, the song changed and it was a slow one. Roger tapped her shoulder as to dance with her and after sharing a meaning look with Freddie, she hugged Roger as they moved.

Babe, I love you so
I want you to know
That I'm going to miss your love
The minute you walk out that door

So please don't go

Don't go
Don't go away
Please don't go
Don't go
I'm begging you to stay

Grace didn't knew exactly how to feel, as she heard clearly the words, despite her being tipsy. She knew she might be a little bit exaggerated when thinking of solving her life. One of the solutions being leaving Roger Taylor for good.

KC and the Sunshine Band's song Please Don't Go was changing the atmosphere, now Grace was feeling as if they were the only ones dancing in the middle. She felt like crying for a minute, but when she felt the warmth of Roger's chest over hers, she felt like home. He was hugging her tightly, moving around as if nothing else mattered.

That's exactly what she needed, to know he cared.

And he cared, he showed her and gave her a million reasons as to stay with him. Despite everyone being against them, she knew he truly cared about her.

"When we go back home, I'm going to talk and introduce myself formally to your mother", he whispered into her ear, as if he knew exactly what was bothering her. "I love you, Grace... this year with you has been amazing and I can't wait to share more years with you"

They separated a bit as they looked at each other with the poor lightning of the club helping them to find each other's eyes. "I love you too, Roger", she said with a smile as he smiled even wider.