Chapter 13

The black velvet dress fitted her perfectly as in hand in glove. She was looking at her own reflection through the elevator as she tried to straighten the skirt even though it wasn't necessary at all as Eliza rolled her eyes for the fifth time at this.

"Could you relax, please? You look stunning", the blonde said while fixing her own dress that consisted on a lilac one. Grace couldn't help but to envy her friend's paleness and how good the colour suited her. "Gosh, you idiot... don't do that you'll smear your makeup!"

Eliza tried to make her look as perfect as she could, the black velvet dress was a quiet gift from Freddie and Brian, that knew that it would suit her more than fine; they had experienced themselves gifting women clothes, so they kind of had a good taste. That's why the blonde stylist was smirking because they had hit the jackpot.

The elevator doors opened and Grace wasn't sure if she really wanted to get out at all.

"I don't know if I want to go... dressed like this at least", she mumbled at Eliza that was looking at her sideways, the blonde breathed heavily as she softly took her friend's shoulders.

"You look beautiful, Gracie", she had said with a comforting smile. "Tonight is your night, they had done this for you and I promise that you'll have fun"

Grace lifted her eyes and then nodded at her friend. She was right, the band had bothered to do a party for her - the least she could do was assisting it and having fun there.

When she crossed the double doors after Eliza presented her as the birthday girl, the bodyguards at the door had opened them for her. She was more than surprised as to see a big hall with silver decorations and stars everywhere. Who knew she loved both golden and stars? It was only Theodore at this point, since that was a fact she never told anyone else. She crossed the room with a big smile on her face as then she realised that people were actually clapping for her.

She knew many of the roadies who were attending as the band was also all dressed up for the occasion, meeting her when she reached the middle.

"Thank you so much", she had told them before reaching out for Brian's arms that were opened to give her a hug. "This is so beautiful!"

"You're the beautiful one tonight!", John had told her with a big smile on his face as she felt people's eyes over her. The dress had its charm and even more because she wasn't used to wearing dresses or heels around work.

Brian whistled as he kept his arm around her waist in a friendly manner. "Never imagined you'd be such a beauty queen"

"Oh, stop it", she blushed as she saw the way they were staring at her. She tried not to eye at Roger that was looking at her through his shades with a big smile on his face. "This is wonderful, I've got no words to express my gratitude"

"You can start by drinking some of this", Freddie handed her a flute full of champagne as she lifted her eyebrows in excitement. The Dom Perignon quickly bolted through her veins as the frontman had poured her some more after finishing her first glass.

John and Brian were exchanging some mumbles as Freddie kept the birthday girl occupied and Roger was just laughing at them. "You're fuelling her, Fred", the blonde had said before sipping from his own glass. But he was eyeing at the Southern California that one of the waiters was handing around, he might exchange the champagne for that.

"It's her fucking birthday, let's pour it up", the man had simply said as they were now sitting in a table that was exclusively for them and Eliza that was busy smoking and exchanging some words with Brian, they had something going on but Grace was oblivious as she was already enjoying more as she felt tipsy.