Chapter 20

John pulled a plate of pancakes in front of Grace as she was deep in thought. She gasped because she was the only one that morning on the table and she wasn't aware that John came first.

"Eat up", he simply said with a smile as she sat straight.

"Good morning", she said trying to cheer herself up and smiling at him.

"Brought you your usual... you seemed spaced out", he grimaced before sitting beside her with his own plate with cheese on toast. She smiled weakly.

"Thank you, you're very sweet to me", Grace said and involuntarily sighed. "The tour has been very tiring... plus the emotional part...", she left the sentence in the air as John nodded knowingly.

"Well, whatever you need, you can count on me", he smiled sweetly. "We're friends after all"

That simple sentence made her heart flutter in joy. Grace and John would often share their brunch together and talk about anything. He'd often talk about his wife, children and musicianship. She admired him a lot.

There were only a few people she admired at personal level. At the top, Theo was the one she admired the most, followed by the Queen members John and Brian.

Her mood got better after John asked her to meet his family over the tour break before starting the next leg of the tour.

"You could come and meet my boys... Veronica's pregnant at the moment, she's due in June...", he was telling her excitedly as Freddie came for brunch and greeted them in a mumble. He had a headache and both John and Grace didn't stop talking even after he sat to slowly eat.

"...oh you'll love them!", Grace was talking to John at the same time Brian and Roger came together, both of them seemed tired too.

John was the only one that seemed to be handling his tiredness well. After all, his biggest motivation was the fact that he was going home soon. To his family.

Grace thought for a while as Roger sat across her and Freddie and John were exchanging words. As most of the band members had something waiting for them at their homes... what was expecting her at her own home?

Maybe hanging around the pub with Eliza and visiting Theo's house, going to her childhood home for a few days and then figure out what to do each day of her short vacation.

She hasn't spoke to Roger yet. It was just that she didn't knew how to approach after their last proper conversation a day ago. Her feelings were firm, but she didn't wanted to be the reason behind a brokenhearted pregnant woman. But as for now, it was up to whatever Roger Taylor decided to do. If he wanted to let her go, she'd understand. And if he wanted her to stay, she'd fight through anything just to remain by his side.

Her brown eyes pierced through his blue ones and she smiled at him. He smiled back before Freddie threw a fit about something Brian said and they started discussing about something.

After brunch, the guys were set to get some rest before leaving for the last show in America that same night.

Grace thought Roger would be going to the room he and Dominique shared, so she went to the backyard of the hotel, sitting on a bench while holding a notepad and writing down things she had to do when she came back home.

However, the man she was thinking of at that same moment had appeared with a faint smile.

"Can I sit with you?", he asked pointing the empty side of the bench. She nodded and he sat beside her. As she looked down again as to keep writing, she couldn't help but to look at him for a moment.

The way he was looking at the winter sky, his scarf protecting his neck and somehow, the peaceful expression he had on his face sparked curiosity on her.

She laid down her pen over her notepad before speaking. "Is everything alright?"

"It was a false alarm", he suddenly spoke. She furrowed her brows in confusion. "We went to a doctor appointment this early morning... she thought she was pregnant because her period got delayed and we met over two months ago while on a short break... however, this little test pregnancy stick isn't as reliable as people might think they are...", he wasn't looking at her, but his smile and words made her heart beat as fast as ever. "We even had this heartfelt conversation I though I'd never have with somebody, but... we ended up being on the same page"

"So you're saying...", she couldn't even phrase a sentence before Roger turned around to see her with a big smile and her heart fluttered.

"From now on, I'm all yours"

She smiled brightly before wrapping her arms around him and laughing wholeheartedly because of the happiness she was feeling.

A few minutes after, Roger explained to Grace that Dominique already suspected something was going on between the drummer and the manager. He said that after coming out of the doctor's office they talked long and he explained the situation to her - telling her that neither him or Grace wanted to hurt her feelings. The pregnancy news had shaken everything, and it wasn't as if everything was solved just because they learned that she wasn't really pregnant. The main problem now was that the doctor expressed his worry about a few symptoms Dominique had and recommended her to do a full checkup back in London.

As for now, Roger and Dominique were fine. She would be attending the last concert and they would be heading back home together and then go separate ways.

Grace thought now everything was going to be better. Not for her, but for Roger and the rest too. They weren't an affair anymore. They were going to properly date. She felt happy at that fact and spent the rest of the morning on Roger's arms as he jokingly teased her about her to-do list.

John Reid arrived twenty minutes before they left the hotel for the venue. Grace was doing her best as to avoid Dominique until the concert ended. It was going to be extremely awkward and she knew it. Eliza was reading a magazine as Grace was trying hard to calm her nerves.

But the first thing Reid did was coming to the common room the friends were sitting in. He seemed angry. Real angry. He pointed his finger accusingly at Grace and the first words he said scared the hell out of her.

"Didn't you learned at school that fooling around with a client is non-ethical?", he growled as soon as he saw her and she stood up. She was about to defend herself before he practically threw a magazine at her face.

DRUMMER CHEATS ON PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND WITH MANAGER - HOT SCANDAL!

There were at least three pictures on the cover of the newspaper. A picture of Roger and Dominique posing for the camera with bright smiles at the News of the World press conference, a picture of her and Roger kissing at the balcony on her birthday party and a picture of Queen altogether.

She didn't had the time to process the information or read the article before Reid angrily spoke to her.

"You are fired", he exhaled angrily. "Get your ass back to London, tonight", was everything he said before walking to the door. "Now I'll try to fix your mess, if you fucking excuse me"

Grace Warrington felt the tears threatening to come out as Eliza came to pick the newspaper from her in silence while putting a hand over her shoulder. She just got fired.