Got No Strings

(Best movie promo of all time no one can tell me otherwise)

The Quinjet lands on the sky deck of the newly refurbished Avengers Tower, three figures can be seen waiting for the occupants of the jet to exit. Maria Hill, Kira Yukimura and Dr. Choi stand side by side as the jet locks into place and the back opens up. Two of Dr. Choi's colleague's rush into the jet and take hold of the gurney containing Clint. Dr. Choi, the two doctors and Natasha rush Clint to the medical bay to get him examined.

Thor takes hold of the Scepter and walks past hill as she enters the jet. Stiles walks past her also and towards Kira. Kira smiles at the Asgardian as she reaches out and hugs him. Stiles chuckles at her behaviour.

"hehe, I missed you too Kit." He hugs back.

"Ugh, that nickname." She groans as Stiles laughs once again. The last time Stiles was on earth he was on a mission so couldn't get to see her, they still caught up via phone call where Stiles came up with the nickname.

"So, how's your training been?" Stiles asks as they head inside the tower.

"It's been good. I can control the energy now, which is good because I have a session with Nat soon and don't want to almost burn the tower down again." She rambles. Stiles starts laughing, Kira pauses before going wide-eyed remembering she didn't want Stiles finding out.

"You- you did what?" Stiles stutters out still laughing. Kira's face flushes and looks at the ground embarrassed.

"Well... one day I when I was training with Nat, she knocked me down so many times I started to lose control. When she knocked me down for the last time I ended up releasing a ton of energy and a ring of fire sprouted up around us. It took almost an hour for it to die down, and that was even with agents using extinguishers." Kira confessed getting emotional.

Stiles sighs and lays a hand on her shoulder. "Kira, I'm sorry for laughing. I know how hard it is to control your powers. Only you have it harder because you only recently got yours. I have had hundreds of years of practice. But I promise you, you will get a hold on your powers and when you do; you will be a great hero." Stiles grins. Kira nods before digging her head into Stiles chest. Smiling, Stiles hugs back.

"Come on, let's get ready for Starks party." He prompts. Kira nods and they both head to their respective rooms.

That night, the party is in full swing. Guests crowd the area; talking, drinking and overall just having a good time. Steve and Sam are playing pool, Kira and Natasha are talking at the bar, and Stiles, Thor, Tony and Maria are listening to one of Rhodey's stories.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like 'Boom. You looking for this?'" He finishes. Tony and Thor are deathly silent while Stiles chuckles. The two look at him and Stiles holds his hands up in defence.

"What? I like a good pun." He states. Rhodey looks thankful before turning to the other two.

"'Boom. you looking for this?' Why do I even talk to you guys, everywhere else that story kills." Rhodey tells them.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story."Rhodey defends.

"Oh, it's very good, then. It's impressive." Thor chuckles while Tony smirks at him. Stiles shakes his head in disbelief.

"Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" Rhodey asks Tony looking to turn the subject away from himself.

"No." Tony shrugs.