Chapter 5

The week went by pretty fast. After almost getting caught, babysitting, raiding Zion's study like a raccoon, bumping my head trying to find a hollow place in the wall, disregarding everyone's privacy and searching their rooms, killing Cortney, wait no that was a dream, I finally got to go home. All my efforts of trying to find something on him proved futile.

I took most of my stuff with me, but left a few clothes that I didn't wear just incase I go back.

"I'll see you on Monday," Eloise said.

Unfortunately.

I stepped outside into the fresh morning air inhaling the earth's unique smell.

I haven't seen Zion since yesterday, heard he's overseas. It doesn't matter because he seems clean. I can't find anything on him.

Sethano was to pick me up and he was late. I started walking with my suitcase and bag from the house and down the street until I reached the gate of the community. There I saw him eating jolly ranchers, leaning on his white land rover.

"What is wrong with you," I say getting his attention.

"With me? What's wrong with you? I have been waiting here for over 15 minutes," he retorted.

I huffed,"I can't argue with you Seth, I'll lose brain cells, let's just go."

He helped me with my bags, packing them at the back then we both got in and he drove off.

"What's this party I'm hearing about you hosting?"

"It's for Molly, its her birthday, remember," he told me keeping his eyes on the road.

Crap. I knew I was forgetting something. That was today?

"Of course I remember," I played it off, "how old is she turning again?"

"Nineteen."

"My baby is all grown up," I gush.

"Not grown enough," I heard Seth mutter under his breath.

I looked over to him,"I heard that, she has enough on her plate Seth. Don't be that guy."

He looked so tormented but it was for the best. Molly hasn't the time for what Seth is thinking about. She's 19 and he's 28. I don't want to arrest one of my best friends for being a pedophile. Not only is she too young but is government owned.

Her past is not one she likes to talk about. I can only imagine why.

~
3 years ago

"Just talk to me."

"Het! (No!) because what do you want me to say Xayvion, that I still love you, that I'm not hurt," I shouted at him.

"Kat-"

"Just leave me alone."

His mouth opened to speak but no words came out.

At that moment Atlas ran into my office and barked. Not a second later his owner the Commander entered.

I straightened up.

"Katarina, a word please."

"Yes sir."

Xaviyon's eyes pleaded with mine but I looked away and he left the room.

"I have a new recruit for your team," the Commander said, his authoritative voice made me give him my full attention.

"A new recruit?"

"Yes." "Come on in Molly."

A dark skinned girl walked in with two buff men behind her. Her hair was done in two braids. She clutched on to a blue-green bag and held it close to her chest. I couldn't see her eyes because she hung her head down.