ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 : ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ!

For the nth times, the raven haired male released yet another sigh. Not because of annoyance. More like— He was too bewildered that he kept sighing. Hyunjin had always been the type to quickly notice all the small details. Just how could he not realize the day before that Felix's complexion was bad?

He had fed the latter some porridge his mother made. Of course, after reheating it. Also not forgetting the medicines. It took him awhile to convince the smaller to take his medicines but he won in the end. It's adorable how much Felix's face expression changed to a total disgust at the thought of taking those meds. Hyunjin knew now, that the latter pretty much had a very high grudge against those bitter capsules, as how he called them.

"You know, Lixie—" he paused, the crease between his brows so visible that his worries shown ever so clearly. He sat himself next to the sick male after changing the cloth on his forehead.

"I'd definitely nag you if you aren't sick but that's not the case right now," he pursed his lips and continued,

"I mean, how can you go to class in such state?" Hyunjin finally, felt himself losing his cool that his shoulders slumped. The princely look on his face seemed to dim upon seeing the person who he had grown fond of, laid there on his bed. Literally in pain.

"C-cold.." was all the lilac haired male managed to utter through those trembling lips. Hyunjin really had the strong urge to keep nagging but he held it in. Not when the boy is too vulnerable as if a little poke could even broke the latter.

"Goodness, Lixie..." He muttered to himself defeatedly for how many times now, he lost count. He gave in and walked his way towards the wardrobe for an extra comforter. Wouldn't want the latter to get sicker than he already was at the moment.

Gently, he topped the blanket with the aforementioned then looked up to Felix's face. Only to have met with a pair of those glassy yet still beautiful brown eyes, already looking his way.

"Mhm?" His brows rose questioningly. "Is it still cold? Do you need anything? Any discomfort?" The ravenette bombarded with questions, which Felix found somewhat adorable. Or more like— he was starting to fawn over him internally. With a sheepish grin, he replied,

"I'm comfy!"

◦•●◉✿  ✿◉●•◦

"Now that you've taken your meds," he paused, getting up from his seat with a soft huff before he spoke again,

"I believe that our Lixie wants to take a peaceful rest to get better and healthy again, yeah?" He turned his head to gaze down upon the delicate male, a hint of gentle smile evident on his handsome face. The lilac haired male stared at him. He knew all too well what's coming next and for some reasons. He didn't like it at all.

"J-jinnie.. leaving?" Oh, how vulnerable, how soft, how sweet he sounded. Not to mention the expression, Hyunjin was internally shaking. He wouldn't want to leave but for the sake of the latter's comfort, he was sure Felix would want some time alone. With a genuine smile clearly visible across the prince like face, he responded.

"Not leave, as in— Actually leaving. I'll be out there in the living room," he leaned down with a hand reaching up to the latter's head, gently slipping his fingers through those soft locks then brushed them back.

"If anything, just call out my name. I'll be here in a jiffy," he grinned. The ravenette fixed Felix's blanket then pulled himself straight up again. Of course, not forgetting to give the small boy a last, soft pat on the head.

"Alright! Rest well," Hyunjin uttered in a soft voice, as if it was intended to lull the latter to his slumber. But to no avail, it didn't really work out as he hoped for. So, he turned himself around and strode off to the aforementioned room.

"U-um..!" The ravenette, who happened to only get to take one— one step away, felt the light tug on the back of his hoodie. Hyunjin being very much confused at what was actually happening, froze in his place for a second before he finally turned to face the latter again.

Felix was whimpering. The sudden movement he made when he shot up to grab hold of Hyunjin had his head pounding. He lowered his head, thinking that the method would help with lessening the pain.

Upon seeing the sight before his eyes, Hyunjin grew anxious. What and where did it go wrong? Quickly, he made his way back to sitting on the bed, next to the sick boy. Facing one another yet— the latter still had his head hung low. Which made the older male thought that Felix— was crying.

"B-baby?! What's wrong? Don't cry—" he didn't give it much thought. His body just went and move on its own. Gently, he placed his palms onto the latter's soft cheeks then lifted his face up in order to look at Felix's face properly.

"Cry? Who..?" The lilac haired male asked, very innocently. As if he didn't just create the misunderstanding. His big eyes stared at Hyunjin, clearly not knowing what he'd done.

The older male heaved out a big, loud sigh. Pulling himself back, he messed his hair. He felt so embarrassed of himself but some part of him was actually relieved that the delicate boy was not crying. Or else he wouldn't know what to do.

"Lee Felix," he called out. Hyunjin took those tiny hands in his bigger ones, giving them soft caresses. His shoulders now finally loosening after how tensed he'd became just awhile ago.

"Please don't scare me like that. I almost thought something was wrong," he uttered honestly, of course with no ill intentions to make the latter feel bad about it. He just wanted Felix to know that he really cared for him.

Upon hearing those sincere words, the lilac haired male couldn't help but to feel guilty. The small pout visible on his face as he bowed light.

"I-I'm sorry.. I just—" he stopped. His fingers fiddled with the end of Hyunjin's sleeve, contemplating whether or not to continue his sentence. But then he remembered how the ravenette spoke his feelings honestly, he wanted to do it too.

"I don't want you to leave!" He brought his face up again, bravely meeting the gaze of the male sitting in front of him. Clenching upon the fabric tightly in his grasps, he lightly tugged at it. The tips of his ears growing red as he proceeded to continue,

"C-can, um.. Jinnie stay here with me..?" The moment he managed to ask the raventte properly, he felt all of his energy draining. He felt himself melted to the mattress but before he could even do so, to his delight, it didn't even took a sec for Hyunjin to respond.

"Of course, Lixie. I actually planned to do so but—" Hyunjin laughed, letting himself laid down on the bed then positioned himself to his side. Without even bothering to ask first, he just grabbed Felix's arm and gently pulled him down to lie next to him.

"I thought you might wanna be alone. Little did I know, the kitty wanted to have me here with him all along," the raven haired make babbled, more to himself. Considering how the other wasn't responding. Not that he cared much about it. He knew Felix needed the rest he deserved.

The force had the latter pressed to his chest. Felix felt it. He was turning red— but thankfully it wasn't noticeable since the fever already had his face tinted red. He wanted to whine over the position they're in but the last bit of his energy had already flow out of his body.

So, he just went with it. Fluttered his eyes shut and snuggled in closely against the older male's chest and slowly, drifted off to his slumber. Hyunjin noticed it, the moment Felix snuggled in almost exactly like the kittens he watched in videos. With a fond smile plastered upon his face, he wrapped an arm around Felix's petite frame.

"Get well soon, Lixie. I'll be here when you wake up."

[ 1387 words ]