ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 : ᴡᴀᴅᴅʟᴇs

"Was I running through your mind so much that you chose to run along?"

◦•●◉✿  ✿◉●•◦

That question. Hyunjin knew well that it would surely made the smaller male blushed to the tip of his ears. Well, that was exactly his intention from the very beginning. Just how could you not love seeing those blush tinting his soft, freckled cheeks? The ravenette never got tired to watching the boy flushed bright red.

Felix on the other hand, was caught off guard. The question had got him startled that he looked up at the taller one with his doe eyes wide open. He could feel how his face had grew hot and the fact that they were so close — more specifically in each other's arms, didn't help him to lessen the shade either.

With his body acted quicker than his mind did, the lilac haired male hid his face into the chest of the ravenette. Which just so happened to make him sunk further into the embrace. Only then that he realized what he had gotten himself into.

Chewing on his lower lip anxiously, he battled within himself. Should he pull away? Should he not? Saying that he was beyond embarrassed was a total understatement. How can he not?

He just made a fool out of himself not only in front of his one and only friend. But in front of literally everyone who were there in the scene. This had him to bury his face further against the firm chest. With a small whine muffled, his grips tightened on Hyunjin's jacket. He knew he had no other option than to give in and just stayed the way they were.

Little did he know, the students who witnessed the scene found the two boys really adorable.

An arm tightened around the small waist of the petite boy whilst the other shielded the reddened face from being seen by the others. He didn't know what came to him but he sure knew that he hated it if someone else were to see this blushing face.

And so with their current position, the ravenette led the way out of the campus entrance. In which to the eyes of the other students, they looked like some waddling couple—— Or penguins. It was hard to walk that way but aside from it, the two boys felt contented.

Felix tried to pry himself away from the latter every now and then but Hyunjin didn't seem to bother to even let the boy go. His arm circled around the waist got even tighter instead. As much as the lilac haired boy loved to be in those arms, he knew he had to pull away soon. Or else he'd never get to calm himself down and so did his flushes cheeks.

His steps following wherever Hyunjin led him to had come to a halt, stopping them both from waddling further the way. Although they almost fell down at the sudden act, the ravenette managed to take action instantly and kept the two of them upright.

With his eyes showed a little glint of concern, he averted his gaze down towards the smaller boy. The arms wrapped around the small frame were then reaching up, to cup the boys face in his big, warm hands. He scanned Felix's face for a good whole minute in case if the said male was showing any signs of pain.

"What's with the sudden stop, Lixie? You okay?" Hyunjin asked. His voice soft and clearly the bewilderment in his tone could be heard by the two. The smaller male watched as the ravenette looked at him from head to toe. He was actually confused himself as to why the latter thought he wasn't alright, so it took him awhile before the previous scene came to his mind.

Felix felt bad for doing this but he couldn't hold in the urge. So he let himself broke into fits of giggles at how much of a worry-wart Hyunjin was. It was funny, yet something about it he found adorably endearing. He was no longer a blushing mess.

A sudden wave of confidence came right through him as the hands clenching on Hyunjin's jacket loosened their grips. He brought them up then placed them onto the bigger hands of the latter's which, were still cupping his face. He held them in his smaller ones and offered the taller male with his soft, genuine smile.

"Jinnie?" He called out. His honey-like voice sounded so soft. Felix was purely oblivious that his voice alone, managed to take the latter's breath away. Upon hearing the male's voice, Hyunjin had his gaze glued on the other. Eyes met with those pretty, hazel brown orbs that he couldn't help but to stare into them.

Just when he was really about to drown in them, the lilac haired male spoke. Breaking the silence between the two as he continued voicing out his unspoken words,

"I'm okay. Don't worry," his smile widening as he murmured the words, turning his eyes into those beautiful, perfect crescents. The sight itself was way too adorably ethereal for Hyunjin to take in that he really wanted to coo out loud. His heart was already about to burst.

The ravenette knew he couldn't listen to his desires too often, so he heaved out a loud sigh. Why? Because when it comes to Lee Felix he could barely hold in those desires. That's when he gave in. Pulling the smaller boy gently by his head, he engulfed the said male into his warm embrace again.

"What're you doing to me..?" Hyunjin mumbled, more to himself but it was loud enough for the other to hear him. Felix's face planted on the taller male's chest again, his smile now gone as it was replaced with his lips slightly parted open at the ravenette's words. He cluelessly uttered a small, questioning hum against the firm chest, seeming to be really confused at the sudden question.

The ravenette heard it. That one, small hum. That one adorable sound Hyunjin tried to resist from cooing to. Felix's small hum earned a low chuckle from the latter. In which did nothing but confuse him more than he already was. He opened his mouth to ask Hyunjin as to what he meant and why was he chuckling, but the said male beat him to it,

"We live near each other. Now, let's get going. Shall we?" Hyunjin didn't even bother to wait for the smaller male's responds. With his lead, they started walking, no — waddling again, earning stares and whispers from the people passing by but then again. Hyunjin didn't seem to be affected by them, yet he just kept going his way.

While Felix on the other hand was starting to heat up the moment he realized just how many people had been walking around and passing by the two. Once again, he ended up hiding his face against the taller male's warm chest.

Small, stifled whines about them waddling again could be heard coming from the petite boy. And for once, Hyunjin just cooed out loud but never actually bothered to stop their waddling. Yet, he just tightened his arms around the small waist even more.

Is it normal to do these kind of things with a friend? No, that's not it — is it normal to have these kind of feelings towards a friend? Wait, no. That's not it either —

Is it normal, to have fallen for someone we just met, and barely know, so quickly?

[ 1253 words  ]