ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 : ғᴇᴠᴇʀ

Felix laid helplessly on his bed. The boy noticed how shallow his breathing had gotten, how hot his body felt as if he was burning, how— his eyes couldn't even stand the lowest brightness of his phone that blared so painfully bright that he dropped his phone down. His body felt so heavy. The aching of his head didn't make it any better either.

Was it possible to love yet hate the winter? Well, maybe not hating the winter season but hating his body more for not being immune enough to stand against the cold. He knew he would get this sick during winter but he never thought that it would be too soon.

Felix sure didn't have that strong immunity system but he recovered just fine. Not when it came to him getting sick during winter. It was way worse and it's harder to endure too. Not to mention that it lasted for about a week or so too before he'd fully recover. It sucked, and he hated it.

Just yesterday, he was all giddy and happy waddling about with the ravennette. Was he not allowed to be too happy? He noticed whenever he did feel so, the days after would always be filled with something that could make him upset.

"No...," the poor lilac haired male mumbled weakly to himself, shaking his head the slightest bit he could to not trigger the pain all over his head. He shouldn't think too much. He shouldn't. Or else it's going to slow down his recovery process.

And most importantly, he shouldn't be or he's going to hurt himself deep down again by his own overthinking.

He knew well he shouldn't but he just couldn't help the thoughts from coming back into his head and clouding his mind. He never knew how to stop them. Just simply being told, 'don't think too much' by people wasn't enough to help him actually told the thoughts to stop bothering his life.

Enduring the pain his headache was giving him, he squinted his eyes to look at the time again.

6:47am.

He had more than enough time for him to get ready for college, if he skipped his breakfast. He did just that because he knew. He could do it. This happened before too. If he could do it last time, he should be able to push through this day as well.

With great effort, he endured the pain and got himself up to prepare for his classes. It would be quite hard to go through the day but at least, he would be able to see a certain someone who— he had been looking forward to meeting everyday since the first day they got along.

◦•●◉✿  ✿◉●•◦

Hyunjin felt something off. He couldn't figure out what exactly that was that's making him feeling so uneasy but he knew something was wrong. Since the moment he pried his eyes open after waking up from his slumber, he already had a frown wore on his face. The raven haired male knew well he could trust his hunch.

This uneasiness was making him losing his focus that he did not even notice he was packing what seemed like a very fluffy and warm knitted cloth into his bag. The moment he came back to his senses, the bag was already securely zipped shut that he didn't even bother checking what's there inside it.

"Hyunie, come down quick! You haven't eaten your breakfast, do you realize what's time is it?" His mother's shouts from downstairs alarmed him that he was indeed going to be late if he didn't start moving that instant.

He sprinted his way down towards their dining room and he immediately figured out the familiar delicious scent filling the room. His gaze fell upon their breakfast for the day. With a puzzled look taking over his expression, he asked,

"Eomma, what's up with the chicken porridge as our breakfast today?" Not even bothering to sit down at the dining table, the picked up the spoon and scooped a spoonful of the said dish then casually just shoved them into his mouth. The manner he had— sigh, his mother didn't even bother nagging anymore, since that would only made his son went off to his campus later than it should.

"Hyunie, just go—" his mother urged, handing her son two securely packed porridge in a paperbag and her other free hand pushed the male to the main entrance.

"You're late, so I packed you two. Just eat them when you have the time to. Just go—" his mother urged again, of course not forgetting to give the male a kiss on his cheek. Hyunjin playfully pouted at his mother for pushing him so much that early morning.

"Geez, eomma. It's still early! Do you notice just how close the campus is from our home?" he whined but he still obeyed his mother and slipped in his shoes anyway. His mother blabbered about some things that he didn't even bother listening to and gave his mother a kiss on her cheek as well.

"I'm off! Save your nags for later, eomma~" he sang playfully before running his way out of the house. His mother could only lovingly shook her head at his son's antics. "That son of mine, really."

The raven haired male arrived at the gate after the five minutes journey and for some reason, he felt like Felix would come out anytime soon, so he chose to wait by the front gate. Usually, he would already bug his friends before the class started.

Just when he was about to fish out his phone from his jean's pocket, he spotted the lilac haired male ahead. A smile immediately grew wide across his face as he lifted his hand to wave at the smaller male.

"Lixie, here!" He didn't notice it at first that the smaller male felt somewhat off until he noticed how sluggish his steps was when he tried to approach the ravennette as fast as he could. His bright expression was now replaced with a frown.

"J-jinnie..!" Felix tried to greeted the older one back yet, to his disappointment, his voice cracked. He was panting but he managed to cover it up. He gulped down the big lump that had been building up in his throat and acted as fine as he could. Though to his dismay, his vision started to flicker, as if the world he's in had a switch to it that would turn off and on every now and then.

The details didn't go unnoticed the moment Felix finally stood in front of the ravennette. His skin was as white as snow, those sparkly eyes were puffy and watery. The voice just now too, didn't sound like the usual tone Felix had and the crack just had to confirm it. His frown deepened.

"Lixie, are you sick? What are you thinking going to the campus when you're not feeling well like this?" He bombarded the smaller male with questions out of bewilderment. He slipped his palm under the lilac haired bangs to feel the temperature.

"Lixie—" he paused, eyes widening at how high the temperature of the latter's forehead was. He was panicking. Did he not notice the signs that he was not feeling well yesterday? He didn't know but he had to bring the smaller male to the infirmary as soon as possible. He pulled himself out of his trail of thoughts and moved his attention back to the male in front of him.

Hyunjin was about to inform the latter that he's going to bring him to the infirmary but then Felix's eyes losing their focus cut him off before he could even say a word. Before he knew it, his breathing now visibly ragged and his body slowly giving in to the weight that it carried, the smaller male had collapsed.

"Felix!"

[ 1315 words  ]