Prologue

Nothing ever went right for Evelyn. Nothing ever went the way she hoped it would. She always had bad luck, from getting fired from her first and only job, getting kicked out because she couldn't pay rent, but when she got accepted to be a personal assistant, she thought her bad luck had turned. That for once in her life something was going her way, but now she wasn't so sure as the weather contradicted her while she was running down the street, rain pelting of her and dripping down the bridge of her nose as she looked at the map on the screen of her phone, which shared a screen with the building's address she had put into her notes, the screen, however, was smudged by the rain and her fingers.

She had no idea where she was going even though she had been there once before for the interview however that was nearly a month ago and she was so stressed, but she attempted to at least try as she needed this job and didn't want to be fired on her first day. Her heels clicked on the pavement as she followed the path and the map. Her hair was completely drenched along with her coat; she was at least thankful she brought it with her as her clothes would be somewhat dry, but she knew her natural-looking makeup was probably a different more horrific, unnatural story.

Soon the directions came to a stop and so did she, looking up from her phone she faced the tall office building which was nearly taller than the ones surrounding it but only by a few floors. cautiously she walked through the glass doors careful not to touch anything in case she damaged it. Taking in the bottom reception she found it to be beautiful ornaments lined some, others were lined with pictures and the remaining statues and in the center was a desk. Slowly she walked up to it and the woman who sat behind it.

"Uh hello, I'm here to see Mr. Williams," she said looking at the surface of the desk.

"Name?" the woman asked her voice nasally.

"Evelyn Turner"

"Well Ms Turner you appear to be very late so would you please kindly leave the building," the woman said softly.

"Late?" she asked looking up to see she was... ten minutes late 'Jesus Christ' she thought.

"Please let me up, I didn't know where I was going, and I need this job" she begged.

"Not my problem now leaves you're getting water all over the floor." The snobby woman said with distaste. Sighing she looked down ashamed, she knew what was coming when she told her mother.

"I hope you have a good day," she said dejectedly going back the way she came. Closing the door softly behind her she sighed looking up and down the roads there was not a cab in sight,

"Could my day get any worse?" she said quietly to herself shame coating her entire being as a lone tear fell from her eye knowing her mother was right, that she could not do anything right. Sighing she saw a bench opposite the building walking over to it she sat down on the wet surface resting her elbows on her knees as she bent forward burying her face in her hands as a sob escaped her closed lips making her push her tears and more sobs back as the rain pelted down on her.

Meanwhile, Mr. Williams, Theo was waiting impatiently for the traffic to move as he was twenty minutes late for work and ten for his appointment with his new assistant. Finally, he pulled up to the underground parking station before getting out and locking his car, after getting in the elevator he checked in with the front desk.

"Ms. Cogs has Ms Turner arrived?" he asked the woman whose gaze he avoided as it always disturbed him, greatly.

"No sir she hasn't, "she said her voice flirty and pitchy.

"I told you it's Mr. Williams, not sir," he said distastefully. He hated Ms. Cogs nearly as much as his mother which was saying something, to him, she was always weird, suspicious, overly friendly, and purely just not his type no matter how much she tried to convince him otherwise with her unprofessional work clothes to her overly caked face with her large assets, he preferred more ordinary women people who didn't try too hard to get his attention, women who didn't wear as much makeup or have large assets he preferred normal not models but women who had a healthy weight, not ones who if he took them out to dinner would have a small salad and nothing more he liked that she could eat it made her human and that's all he wanted.