Chapter 3

Evelyn had had enough with everything, she hated every aspect of her week, not only had it been dreadful, but it had been beyond dreadful no aspect of her week had been close to perfect. she swore God was out for her or something as every little task she completed was accompanied by some sort of injury or accident.

from falling flat on her face twice running back and forth from the copier room, to bumping into many people and spilling coffee over her and other people while being late or just coming from the bathroom she had also had a coffee catastrophe where she spilled her drink on a stack of important papers only to find they were to go in the shredder once she printed them all up again. she was always getting caught in the traffic of people and after that, the elevator had been broken, she had forgotten her umbrella one morning and arrived soaked to work which was quite one story to which her white shirt was then see through but thankfully Mr. Williams helped her by letting her wear his suit jacket over the top which was way too big but was modest enough.

Evelyn was thankful that it was Friday when she woke up this morning thankful that soon it would be the weekend as she could be clumsy without any judgmental stares or embarrassing moments in front of people.

she had been very prepared that morning even though it was sunny. getting dressed into a white ruffled mid-thigh dress which she wore with stockings and block-heeled pumps. that morning she took not only her coat and umbrella but also a change of outfit, tissues, etc. you ask her she's got it.

she carefully walked through the streets that morning only having some close calls but thankfully nothing spilled, she was relieved when the elevator was working as she stepped into it and was once again relieved when the elevator doors didn't jam or the elevator itself stops.

she so far was having a good morning when she arrived at her desk placing her bag underneath it so she wouldn't trip over it like earlier in the week. she draped her coat over the back of her chair before sorting out the paperwork on her desk and putting them into their individual piles. one that needs to be shredded, copied, delivered to other departments. grabbing the shredding pile, she got to work. she had been around the whole building by lunchtime. she slowly rose from her seat and walked towards her boss's office.

"What would you like for lunch, sir?" she questioned poking her head into his office, slightly startling him and only then make him realize what the time was, as he had been so absorbed in his computer.

"I'm not sure today" he mumbled rubbing his chin in thought

"How about I join you today" he suggested getting from his chair and pulling on his suit jacket, leaving no time for arguments as he fully opened the door and walked ahead only to be a couple of meters away when he realized she wasn't following.

"Come on then" he waved her over.

quickly she jogged to where he was catching up with his large strides. getting in the elevator they stood side by side. he glanced at her in the mirror realizing their height difference as her head just reached his shoulder as he was close to being 6'7 and he guessed she was around 5'6.

feeling someone watching her she looked into the mirror only to see Theo on his phone. ignoring it she went back to watching the numbers go down.

soon enough they stepped out of the elevator and exited the reception.

they walked around the streets, Theo leading them while Evelyn tagged along behind him.

"How about here?" he asked nodding his head in the direction of a café, ' Lille bageri' to be exact a Danish Cafe. opening the door, he ushered her ahead of him before finding a table in the back.