Chapter 6

Evelyn woke up excited, it was her favorite holiday ever, Halloween. She loved the holiday with every fiber of her being as she got dressed this morning, she decided to go with an outfit which matched the season she just hoped her boss wouldn't mind her obsession with the holiday her desk had already been decorated around the same time after her birthday. She was thankful her slight tipsy/drunken night didn't get her fired but surprisingly made her boss joked about it filling her in on many embarrassing moments of the night she had forgotten.

She decided on an outfit, something slightly workplace appropriate but also fun.

She settled on a black skirt black spiderweb stockings black heeled boots and a fluffy black sweater that had a skull on the front of it. She tucked the front of the sweater into the front of her skirt just after putting in some skull earrings and slightly curling her hair, her makeup was slightly darker with slight black eyeshadow l black mascara eyeliner, and a slightly dark red lipstick different to her rose wine color which complimented her greatly.

for once she was happy going to work as she got to marvel at the city's festive decorations that littered the streets and buildings. she smiled walking into work. Greeting the front desk assistant, she walked towards the elevator. the doors opened revealing her boss

"Morning sir" she smiled

"Good morning" he greeted back sensing a cheery aura around her.

"Do you know what day it is sir?" she asked excitedly

"October thirty-first" he replied confused

" Yes, but also it's Halloween, the second-best time of the year." she rambled Theo surprisingly keeping up with everything she said.

" I like your costume" she complimented making him warily look down at his suit

"I'm not wearing a costume," he said

"Sure, you are, you're a ruthless businessman by day, a murderer by night" she created a story for him even though he was in no costume, but she wanted to feel like he contributed to Halloween.

"that's right," he said fake smug feeling bad if he were to turn her idea down. over the months she's worked with him he's found her to be quite sensitive especially after the incident when she accidentally killed a spider by putting a pile of paper on it while she was in a rush.

" I knew you were wearing a costume" she cheered

"So, any plans sir?" she asked referencing the season normally everyone has plans on Halloween.

"Not really, how about you?" he said truthfully all he was going to do was work.

"Well, I did have movie plans with my best friend Julia, but she canceled as her husband has food poisoning, so I have two sets of two movie tickets, how about you come with?" she asked excited she in truth didn't want to go alone

"that's a kind offer but-" he doesn't get to finish

"it's alright" she cuts him off

"It was a stupid idea anyway" she continued looking down at her feet waiting for the elevator to stop

he sighed looking at her deflated figure caving in on itself he felt guilty as fuck, he was only going to say he didn't want to be a bother it made him question how many times she had been turned down on an offer.

arriving on the floor Evelyn quickly shuffled out. following her, he watched as she busied herself at her desk.

walking into his office he set up his things for the day and the meetings he had scheduled with some investors.