Chapter 1

Her first month was finally over, from getting up at six am and leaving the house at seven to prevent any type of being late and then getting home at five to do some extra work and rest she did not have any time to unpack her things. She did not expect her job to be so much moving around, she was getting coffee, food, paperwork from other departments, pens, and the list never ended. She did not know if Mr. Williams was just overworking her or if it was what was needed to be done. She was so exhausted from the first week that she was able to sleep in till noon. And for that month she has never done any unpacking but her clothes and a plate. She was very thankful that at the end of every month he gave his workers an extra day off.

She started to unpack her boxes at one but that was short-lived as a knock sounded from her door. Sighing she put on the plates and moved towards it she looked through the peephole to see her best friend, Julia.

Julia was what people would call stunning when she walked by, light brown hair that reached the bottom of her back, flawless skin only if you looked close would you see the slight acne scars that litter her skin, she had brown hazel eyes with flecks of gold within them and were the same shade as her hair, she had a well-proportioned body, a body any guy would be lucky to glimpse at however that body was saved for her husband. her tan skin was a beautiful color which she had gotten from her mother who was Brazilian the same as her father. Julia had the best fashion taste out of both, she could probably even pull off a plastic bag and make it a trend. Julia had stuck by Evelyn from elementary school and upwards they both were the true definition of BFFs, sure they fought but what friends don't, Julia had gotten married one year after high school and three years after meeting her boyfriend now husband Danial. they were madly in love since being partnered together for one experiment in chem class when Evelyn had been off ill.

Evelyn was Julia's maid of honor a position she almost missed because of her overbearing mother but somehow Julia's parents were better than her own since she didn't have much of a father figure as her own had died when she was ten from a hit and run so Julia's father took the role of being her father too the same with Julia's mother as Evelyn's own was a manipulative control freak. Evelyn never felt inadequate in the Fontes household. Evelyn since becoming an adult spent her holidays with them as her mothers were dreadful and cruel where what was meant to be a happy time was her mother throwing around insults while she and her brother cringed away from their overly aggressive parent.

Unlocking the door hatch and lock she pulled the door being welcomed by a hug from the girl who stuck by her through everything.

Hugging Julia back she sighed, she'd not seen her for quite a couple of weeks as Julia was traveling around the world with her husband. after pulling away from the hug Evelyn invited Julia into her run-down barely furnished home.

the front door opened into the small kitchen which contained three cream empty counters the fourth held the sink and at the end of the counter next to the door was the trash can then there were in between two empty counters the stove and finally at the end of the left counter at the stove was the refrigerator. above the counters were cream cabinets matching the counters. the apartment was open plan, so the dining table was in the kitchen. then beyond that was the living room. and on the left side wall was the bedroom which contained the door to the bathroom. The walls of the apartment were an awful brown apart from the kitchen which was tilled the same with the bathroom and the bedroom was cream. the bedroom only contained a dresser, bed, small closet, two bedside tables, and a shelf.

Sitting opposite of each other at the small circular dining table, a cup of coffee in both of their hands they began to converse.

"What happened? your mother told me the story, but I want to hear it from you" Julia said right off the bat.