Chapter 9

Evelyn awoke that morning only to realize a whole year had already passed. a year that started slow, with an awful job, bad pay which led to rent not being paid, to losing her job, and if it couldn't get worse losing her apartment. but it soon picked up when she got a new place which she paid for with everything she could sell, like her TV for example. then the year started up again and moved a lot faster from getting a job she slightly liked that had good pay and a handsome boss.

She actually couldn't believe she had been there for five months.

Evelyn this morning was ahead of her alarm clock as she had hardly gotten any sleep last night.

Just as it was about to ring, she shut it off before turning to her side and curling herself into a ball, she felt like she couldn't move at all, like lifting her hand was a big chore.

She had no idea how long she had been laying there until her second alarm went off. signaling that if she didn't get up now, she would be late.

She slowly shuffled out of her bed. Her stomach dropping as she stood to her full height.

Making her way to the bathroom she damned god and why females had to go through so much pain just to be able to birth babies if they ever wanted to. through the awful pain, hot flushes, and the feeling of dying, Evelyn managed to have a shower.

She decided to wear something professional, breezy, because of the awful hot flushes she gets, but also something comfortable.

She decided to wear a sports bra that morning as it wouldn't cause much pain or irritation to her sensitive breasts.

Pulling on her black below thigh height, white-collar, mesh puffy-sleeved dress she put on a pair of black stockings underneath. she also paired it with a pair of black blocks heeled pumps before brushing her hair, drying it, and then putting on some light makeup.

Wandering through the apartment she made herself some breakfast which she felt sickly to eat but did anyway. she quickly put the extra necessities in her bag before pulling one her coat and leaving the apartment.

Arriving at work she was very much surprised that she had made it through the pain she was experiencing at that moment, as she hadn't taken any sort of pain relief.

The elevator gave her the feeling of being at sea which made her stomach do somersaults through the ride up.

She breathed in relief as she stumbled out of the death machine. placing her bag down on her desk she shrugged her coat off and hung it on the back of her chair. grabbing the coffee cup in one hand she walked towards Theo's office door.

Knocking she slowly opened the door smiling through the pain.

"Good morning sir, I picked up your coffee" she smiled referencing the text he had sent her when she was halfway there. placing the cup on his desk only then did she fully look at him.

His eyes were surrounded with dark circles, stubble coating his jaw, causing him to look slightly more rugged. his tie was messily done up the sleeves of his shirt were rolled to the elbow and his hair was in disarray.

"Thank you" he mumbled taking the cup from where she placed it and took a large gulp.

"Are you alright?" Evelyn asked making his gaze look towards her for the first time in a week, as he had been so busy trying to get one deal to go through that he never looked away from his computer screen.

Her eyes shifted over his face with concern.

"I'm alright, Evie" he muttered looking back at the screen as a ding sounded.