IV

{A/N: double spaces between paragraphs meaning that there was some kind of a time skip. I meant to say it earlier, but some guys asked me in the DM so here is the explanation.]

***

In the end we've reached the estimated place only by the tomorrow nightfall simple because Tessia overslept and we've run in the group of forest beasts so it took some time to kill them off and avoid next ones by being more cautious than before. It wasn't like I couldn't fight beasts though, it was more like fighting and protecting this sharp child was a troublesome idea, considering that she was completely useless in the fight... At least until she becomes a mage.

I would say, though, she would become rather a dangerous individual in the future with her sharpness and rather an early intelligence, the kind of you don't really except from a five-year-old brat.

Speaking myself.

"Are you sure of it?" I asked, trying to hide my frustration. When she said that I should meet her parents, I was taken aback and not really pleasantly surprised since I had too much things to do and meeting some unknown girl parents weren't really on my list of "to-do."

Though I managed to suppress my frustration when Regis glared at me and teased that I'm not that weak of a princess to wait for another few hours. It's not like I'm dying. He said it through the mental link, but I still felt some heat in my ears and had to resist the urge to roll my eyes at him.

Apparently Tessia didn't see our exchange or ignored it. Rather, she seemed to think about something and then beamed at me, "I'm sure! Though... Arthur?" at that moment we were crossing a stream atop a moss-covered log bridge when she suddenly and looked straight into my eyes, "You said your family and the people close to you called you Art? I feel that, through this journey, I have gotten close enough to call you that as well. So... can I call you Art as well?"

I blinked at her, really unsure where it came from. Weren't elves a very sociable individuals among themselves? Why would Tessia want a human friend?

It's not like I was a human anymore, at least by power or whatever that was I possessed. But my family, my mindset and my appearance were still is that of a human so... why? That was certainly weird.

Then again, I wasn't really against having a friend, considering how she smart and very intelligent child, not a some whiny brat. So that was enough to me.

I sighed and returned her smile, "Well, sure. I don't mind."

"You 'don't mind'?" she snorted and suddenly stuck her tongue out at me, "You could sound a bit more enthusiastic..."

Eh, smart and sharp, but a brat.

I sighed and then made bow gracious enough for a noble, "I would be honored to be called Art by you, your highness."

What was funny, though, I really looked like one now. Regis taught me how to conjure clothes using pure Aether and imagination, so right now I was wearing rich short loose black robes with gold lines and some runes engraved on it. It also matched my hair, which suddenly turned into white. Although I did let them loose because I wasn't good at making ponytail. Plus it wasn't that bad anyway.

Though I was really glad that my eye color stayed same as it was. I didn't want to lose that part of myself that resembled my parents so much... Still, Regis said that my eyes also turns deep orange like color, as if it sunset sky on flames, when I channel Aether through my body.

"Hehe, and you may also have the honor to call me Tess," she giggled, curtsying back at me before turning back around and hopping off the log, "We're here, though."