2. Shadows of... (Updated. Jan 2022)

_____

Discovery of Viron's mana core confused young Arthur so much that he, slack-jawed, went catatonic. Only Regis' steady pat on his shoulder managed to bring him back to reality.

Looking around and seeing all these expectant eyes the boy can't help but tilt his head, confusingly wondering what happened now that everyone's attention was on him.

Many questions were flowing through Arthur' head as he barely managed to suppress nervous gulp and looked around in hope to find a way, a loophole to get out of this certainly awkward situation... and to his relief Regis took the word before this could escalate any further and giggled, startling mostly everyone present except for Viron and Curtis Glayder, "My little brother was quite shocked after he used realmheart and saw the progress our dear grandfather-in-law made in recent years. Considering that it is up to him to decide on such important matters, I believe your royal highnesses ought to... repeat the question."

Not looking back Arthur cringes hoping no one saw the displeasure he might have shown on his face after he felt gazes of Sapin' Lances. Their attention felt unpleasant - to say the least - to the boy especially now that he have to understand what was going on before even paying attention to some low life bastards like Biron. Hell... Did I manage to space out that much? Arthur thought, hastily looking around and barely managing to suppress another sigh after he noticed that everyone in the room, including Tess, Alduin and Viron were surprised too. Except maybe for Blaine's son that looks way too curiously at him right now.

Maybe if it was any other moment of day, Arthur might have wondered what the hell strong with that overly patient, quiet and sharp human boy but right now he is too distracted with other people around and almost instantly forgetting about Curtis, coughing awkwardly and smiling sheepishly at elder Viron, "Ha-ha... yeah, I was distracted for a little bit. My apologies."

Of course that was a too casual response... Arthur knew it-but after all that happened today he could do only so much, let alone forming a proper response or correcting himself after that kind of a tongue slip. He was a royal asura-at least had to play so, so why did he even care? Right. He shouldn't have. The boy sighed, steeling himself once more and ignored not really surprisingly cold gazes of Sapin' Lances who, no doubt, already bore hatred holes in his back.

However in his mind he grumbled begrudgingly, that's all damned old bat fault! Really-how, just how the hell that hu..elf can even achieve so much in such a short amount of time?!! Arthur sure would understand if it was a child. After all, kids by nature have a lot of potential and their young brains are flexible, absorbing everything with ease, especially when they are inspired and happy... Leywin knows it from his own experience-after all he is a brat too, no matter how hard he tries to convince himself otherwise. Yet... But! Arthur just sighs in defeat and pouts, shaking his head-no. He just can't comprehend how the hell did that old bad - who was no doubt stuck in the silver stage for decades - broke through.

Beside, Regis, shaking in silent laughter, amusingly watches Arthur. Viron's progress does not really surprise him, considering that he always watches them all and, well, his younger brother's sulking was just soo cute that he can't help but giggle and advise him once again to not be distracted again. Taking a breath, though, he added a bit sternly, 'Even if you are a child we still have some appearance to maintenance before humans. And you already spaced out for almost thirty seconds, forget about a few minutes of the first time. Alduin seems to be frightened, y'know. So stop sulking already, you will be there eventually-don't worry.'

Feeling his ears heat up Arthur embarrassingly bit his lip, sparing a cold glance to Regis. Really, was it necessarily to embarrass him so much before other people?... At least he said everything mentally and no one really heard them talking so they could only guess why the prince now looked like a tomato... Alduin was no help likewise, either not seeing his state or just ignoring it, "Hm, we discussed the upcoming tournament between the strongest mages and guardians of all Twelve leading Nations of Xyrus Council. Hence I should repeat our mutual request if both you and your brother are willing to participate as the guardians of our land... It would be a great honor for all the countries of the newly-forming alliance-but if you decline the offer it won't be a problem."