3

(illumi pov)

This was so unexpected I didn't think I'd come back home to meet my soon to be wife. Why did I need a wife anyway? Is this some type of test?

Y/n and I walked the trails that were in the woods around the mountains. I never really talked to girls before so it was really strange and we both stayed silent as we walked keeping a good distance between us. From the corner of my eye I could see her taking quick looks at me but I kept looking in front.

"So how old are you?" She asked finally breaking the silence. I looked at her. "24." I said simply as we kept walking. "Oh i'm 23." She said sighing. She seemed relieved about something. Did she think I was old or even younger? "I'm glad there isn't a big age gap between us." She replied answering my confusion. "Would it really matter though?" I asked. She looked at me confused. "Of course, if you were like 15 it would be really weird actually." She laughed a bit to herself.

As we kept walking I learned a lot about y/n. She was an assassin who lost both her parents from an accident and was a raised by a gang that would steal. Out of all of them she was the best at assassination so she decided to take the hunter exam and learned nen all on her own. After learning all that I didn't think I'd ever want to fight or kill her. She'd be a great ally and I felt good in that moment that I'd soon marry someone as strong as her.

Soon dinner was ready and I sat next to y/n and we were served our food by the butlers. "You both will live together for at least a month here and y/n you will assist illumi on missions as his partner." We both nodded to what father said. "If everything goes well you will both get married and go from there." He then began to eat. "Understood sir." She said doing the same.

Dinner was silent as always. Just the sound of the plates and utensils clanking as everyone ate. When I took a quick look at y/n though she seemed she didn't like the silence much. I mean she did seem like a talkative type of person especially with how much I learned about her on that one walk we had. "I just wanted to say i'm thankful for you all to have me here." She said standing up and bowing. Zeno, Kikyo, and Silva all raised their cups while I did the same.