10

(illumi pov)

Y/n was really strange in the garden today. She was even crying. I thought about chasing after her and trying to make things better but I really suck at that stuff and didn't want to make it worse.

In the car the whole time she looked out the window avoiding any contact with me. As we were in front of the mansion she immediately greeted my parents, then went straight to her room.

"She seems upset Illumi." Said father. "Yeah I know." I replied. I then explained what had happened and Kikyo sighed feeling bad for y/n of course. "That poor girl and you didn't even try to make her feel better!" She scowled as her red laser eye flickered. "I apologize for that mother." I said back. "I think you should use one of your needles on her. Her emotions might get the best of her and we can't have that while you guys do assassination missions." Said Father while I nodded thinking about it.

"No way! Don't do that!" Kikyo yelled. "If you knew what was good for you I think you would shut up!" Silva yelled making kikyo start to cry. She then ran away outside to go to her usual spot where she would rant to one of the butlers. Father then told me to go upstairs and to do was told of me.

When I got there I knocked gently a few times. There was no answer so I walked in and saw that y/n was sleeping. She still had her dress on and speared mascara from crying. I sat next to her from the edge of her bed staring at her peaceful face as she slept.

The questions she asked then came back to me. Did I really like her? I mean she is really pretty and nice to talk to, but what would it mean if I liked her?

I shook the thoughts out reminding myself about the reason I was here. It was to put a needle in her brain to calm her emotions. I then took out one of my tiny nen needles facing it towards her head. Before I could put it in she got up quickly and before you knew it I felt a sting on my face.

"Oh my gosh Illu i'm so sorry!" She said taking my face into her hands rubbing the spot gently that she had just slapped. "I felt some type of nen and thought something was going to happen to me..maybe it was a dream." She said smiling.

I then revealed the needle in my hand that had nen around it. y/n already knew about my nen ability especially since we've been working together. "No..illu..were you really going to.." She said slowly covering her mouth as it started to tremble. Tears quickly coming down her face. "I'm sorry." Is all I could say. I then slowly wrapped my arms around her.

"It's just.. if I was to use it, you don't have to be upset about these things..emotionless." I said slowly as she hugged me back crying into my chest. She sniffled trying to calm herself down. I rubbed her back a bit as she stopped crying finally. "Fine..i'll do it." She said getting out of my arms and wiping her tears. "Anything for you." She said laughing to herself as she smiled.

I smiled back. "But wait..does that mean you have needles in yourself too?" She asked. "Yes..." I replied slowly. "Well, I'd like to see you without needles one day." She said laughing even more. "Alright." I said.

She then stayed still waiting for me to shoot the needle into her head. I took it out then aiming at the spot. I was kinda upset she even agreed. "Just do it Illu it's okay." She replied grabbing my hand. "Okay." I said finally shooting it through. Her eyes widen as she then laid back rubbing her head. "Ouch that hurt." She said finally. "But it was worth it."