6

(y/n pov)

At the house it has been a week of me being with the Zoldyck family and It was actually going pretty well. Illumi surprisingly had a bit of emotion in him other than his straight face he always kept. This week we talked a bit and I got to see him laugh at something stupid I did. It was honestly embarrassing but his laugh was nice and gentle but before I could hear any more of it he stopped himself. He's no fun.

I was now getting ready for today's assassination putting my usual clothes on heading down the stairs. I met up with Illumi as he waited for me at the bottom. "Did you get any sleep?" He asked as he intertwined his arm with mine. "A bit." I said with a smile as we walked out.

After we were out of the Zoldyck estate we both let go of each other's arms stopping the awkwardness. Only reason we did it was because we could feel Kikyo presence in the room as she tried to hide the fact she was there.

I got into the car as Illumi drove us. "We will be assassinating a little girl. She looks like this." He said passing me a photo. "Little girl?" I questioned as I looked at the photo. I know this was our job but I kinda felt bad. "Yes." He said simply as we arrived in front of the big mansion hiding our car behind some trees. "Kill anyone who gets in the way." He said leaving going another way. "I knew that much." I mumbled to myself.

As I snuck in through the back I fought off a guard dog that bit the side of my leg. It hurt really bad but I had to ignore it and get to the little girls room. While walking up the stairs I saw illumi was already in front of her room. He opened the door signaling for me to go in.

It was still early in the morning so the girl stayed sleeping in her bed as we expected. I got closer about to go for the kill, but suddenly I stopped feeling a sudden chill down my spine. I looked back at Illumi as he looked at me concerned. I felt dizzy and I tried talking. "I can't do it." I finally breathed out.

As soon as I knew it when I looked back at the girl she was dead, and Illumi was right next to me walking me out. "You okay now?" He asked as we got into the hallway. My mind felt more clearer and Illumis eyes looked down at me waiting for an answer. "Yeah I don't know what got into me back there.." I said holding on to my chest.

"It was her nen." He said while we started walking out. "What?" I asked confused. "She was faking. She was actually awake." He said while I saw him slightly smile. "And you didn't tell me!" I yelled out. He shrugged getting into the car. "If you read more about her you would have known, when she is near blood she can manipulate the person that it comes from with her nen ability. As we can both see your leg is really messed up." He said waiting for me to get into the car. "I hate you so much! Your always embarrassing me like that!" I yelled. "No i'm not. I just expected that you knew." He said. "Liar!" I yelled back. "Not." He said. I mumbled under my breath to myself as Illumi kept his stupid straight face on while he drove all the way back to the zoldyck estate. I just knew he wanted to laugh at me.