Chapter 8

Luca's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks since I found out about Micah and it has been the best few weeks of my life. I've been trying to see her at least every other day, but last week, my men were raiding a few Russian warehouses but each was a bust. I've been so busy getting my shit together that I haven't been able to see her for the last week.

I was working on some paperwork for my new client when there was a knock on my office door. "Come in." When the door opens, my receptionist walks in. "Hi boss" she says trying to be seductive but honestly she just sounds like a dying cat. "What do you need, Bree? I'm busy." I say not looking up from the contract I'm reading. "Actually my name's Brylee, but um there's a woman on line two for you."Woman? Was it Karmen? "Okay thank you, you're dismissed."

When I picked up the phone the woman spoke. "Luca." Yup that's Karmen and she sounds pissed.

"Karmen? Is something wrong? Did something happen to Micah?" I say slightly panicking. "Shut up, Micah's fine but I have a bone to pick with you."

"Okay... go on..." I've learned when it comes to Karmen you have to tread very lightly especially when she's already pissed,

"Where have you been? My daughter isn't some toy you can play with for a few weeks and then forget she's there. I haven't even heard from you in a week.

Micah has been asking where you've been and when she is going to see you, but you know what? I haven't been able to give her an answer because, You. Haven't. Spoken. To. Us."

I thought I was guilty before but after hearing that Micah missed me it just made the feeling a million times worse, plus I miss her too.

"Look Karmen, I've been really busy at wor-" I was cut off by her scoffing,

"Oh, you've been busy? Too busy to even, I don't know, pick up the phone call you daughter? Look, you're on the phone right now."

"Karmen, I understand that you're mad, and you're right, there isn't an excuse. Can you put her on the phone please?"

"You can't right now, I'm at work and she's with Ryan at the house."

When I heard his name I could physically feel my blood boil. "Okay, how about after you get off, you guys come to one of my hotels and we can have lunch?"

"That's better, thank you. Also I have a question."

"Okay shoot,"

"How did i do? You know the whole pissed off baby momma thing? I was worried I was going to start crying halfway through my rant, I'm not the best at handling things like this."

"You did amazing bellissima, you really put me in my place." I say with a chuckle underneath my breath.
(Beautiful)

"Good, now I have to go, I have to get back to work. Bye!"

"Bye, karmen." And with that I hang up. Wow,I really hit the jackpot with that one.

An hour later I got a text from Karmen saying that she had gotten home and I let her know that I was sending a car to pick them both up. She was hesitant at first but eventually gave in. Half an hour after that there was another knock at my door "come in." When Brylee entered I could see her face change from a look of disgust to a fake smile.

"I'm sorry to bother you sir, but there is a woman out here saying she is here to see you, I tried to get her to leave but she isn't listening, do you want me to call security?"

"No, I'll handle it." I stand up from her desk and as we walk out of my office, she has a very smug look on her face like she just won some kind of trophy. Right when we turn the corner to the lobby I lock eyes with Karmen. She taps a distracted Micah on the shoulder gaining her attention.