ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15: That's Enough Enderballs

We're gonna open this door, we're gonna go out. Take a left. Take another left, head up this mountain...*swallows mic*

- Sapnap.

We had set knee deep in silence before we bothered to move off and not address this new and vital information, purpley out of fear of acknowledging its existence. We've been off the beaten path of the specified trails at the mouth of the mountain for what seems like forever.

Once we clear the next set of rocks, I marvel at our surroundings and my new backyard. After spending what feels like ages around the narrow and steep inclines of the mountains. Fully submerged, I never expected to be so enamored by the tranquility, the cool air, the organic smell, or the sweat covering my skin.

I look over to the boys with fresh eyes. Having just split up to take out several Enderman each, Sapnap having no luck with the pearl drops. I however had the most, six. But I turned them over to Dream who took them greedily.

I found it almost relaxing, culling the long, towering dark figures. I'd gotten really good with defending myself and I did it on my own, well not almost on my own. Chaos helped out as much as he could, his tail wagged left to right happily the entire time.

。゚•┈୨☁୧┈•゚。

Dream has earned the achievement [Eye Spy]

George drops his earnt pearls to Dream to craft a few eyes of ender, to prepare for our next journey to the dreaded stronghold. It's dangerous walking around an unknown word to blindly, hand out in front of our face waiting to walk into a brick wall.

We walked into a wall alright, but the ground fell out beneath us and we'd fallen, much like a trap. This world is, bad and this experience was not a gift. Dream, Sapnap and George were the gifts not this crazy simulation.

The nervous we're beginning to set in and whatever friendship we had glued together was gradually unsticking, much like using a cheap glue stick to stick down paper.

"So if we lose all our hearts... we die?" Sapnap mutters, barely a whisper as he pulls tightly onto his shirt, his face crumpling in a slight worry.

The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, I might. No-one speaks, what is there to say? Platitudes won't cut it right now. I nod my head, looking over from Chaos to Dream and George who stood quietly, eyebrows creased and face tense in thought.

"And you two both have nine hearts each?" Sapnap continues as the pair a few feet away turn from the view to focus on Sapnap. "But George, how did you not notice that you were missing a heart?"

The boy in blue shrugs, "I don't know, I guess I was just too set on getting back at Sapnap and admiring the new and brighter colours, than counting how many hearts I had left."

He deadpanned, flicking his goggles over his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest, dangerously staring over at the raven haired boy listening in quietly beside me. I can feel the fear in my chest waiting to take over. Perhaps it only wants to protect me but there really isn't any danger.

"Okay, we're all fine. None of us are panicking, which is good. That's the last thing we need. What we do need; is to find a way out of here and if that means not being cautious, then so be it." I voice as I crouch down to ruffle Chaos' ears.

And I know that as gross and as cringe as it sounds that we need each other. But for some reason, they listen as if my words are golden, perhaps some elixir they've been waiting to hear.

Leading to us all stood in a comfortable silence, too scared to worry about what would happen if either of us reached to no hearts.

We're all calm and possibly too calm. I know we need to take this seriously, but very few do well under pressure and that's the last thing we need.

Dream stays quiet and surprisingly he's been the least vocal but somehow the most supportive and has everyone's best interests in mind. He's been putting us before himself since we got here.

He gives his shoulders a wiggle and lolled his head in a circle, let his stride slacken to a more casual pace closer to stand before me. From what he says next I can tell he is thinking so deeply, already with a strategy that's several moves ahead of what I am capable of.

"I just want to protect you all and if anything uphends that... i'll be the sacrifice." Dream let out a slow controlled breath and attempted to loosen his body movements.

His words are a kindness that is so quick that, for him, it's natural. This attentiveness is apart of who he is and that is, if I'm honest, the most attractive feature I've seen in someone.

I crouch down and pull Chaos into my chest, the weight of Dream's words blanketing over us. I stumble over my thoughts before I voice them, "absolutely not, Dream."

Sapnap send me a worried look. But I knew, we all knew, that no matter how hard we'd try to stop him, he'd do it anyway. The stubborn bastard.

Alright listen.

- GeorgeNotFound.