ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11: Saturated Flowers

Last one in is a rotten egg! WHAT? NO! DON'T JUMP IN!

- Sapnap.

Sapnap and Dream are in such a good mood I want to smack the both of them. No matter how much negative spin I put on everything they know just how 'everything is going to be alright.' Their smiles almost never leave their faces and they're looking at me like I'm teenager having a tantrum. If they hum 'You are my sunshine...' One more time I'm gonna do something illegal with a hoe that Sapnap accidently made and they won't like it.

The fields ahead of us rise as a duvet that is rumpled in all the right ways, so care free rather than pulled straight. That is the way the grasses are, tufting and waving as the ocean may on some sunny windswept day. I watch the green hues as it deepens and lightens in the sun-rays.

Further ahead wild flowers grew from the pixelated blocks. The meadow was on a gentle slope and interspersed with beech and oak trees. Waves of yellow cascaded down the grassy, staired slope. On closer inspection I could see the individual flowers and the bees who were merrily visiting each flower - rainbow freckles to adorn the green.

Racing up ahead I push past Sapnap and practically throw him into the flowers.

While George had ended up beside me and was bent low over the grass, "What flower is this?"

I crouch down beside him, "Looks like a dandelion to me." I run my hands over the small pixels.

The dandelion had a boldness to it. It was tall and bright, it looked out of place. George didn't seem to believe me and broke the flower to pick it up and view it in his inventory, "Aren't dandelions are supposed to be yellow?"

I hum and straighten my knees to stand back on my feet, "It is yellow."

He looks between the grass and to the flower held tightly in his hand, "It's not the same colour as the grass?" Pointing to the grass he stands back up, glancing upward, his mouth pursed but slightly open and loose. His eyes are fixed as if he's looking at something a yard behind my head.

"George?" I call his name suspiciously.

He blinks and refocuses. "All the colours have been different since I got here, they're more... more vibrant?" He questions himself quietly.

I smile and nod. "You must have seen different colours before we got here."

My cheeks warmed with happiness and contentment. George looked happier then he was before, his eyes must have stung from the new saturation of colours when he got here previously.

All different shades of green, dark, light, dull and bright. All mixed together to make one huge canvas of colour. I was so happy. So happy in fact I had only just alerated my self to the soft rustling in the long, over grown grass and a few struggled noises. It gave me a fright.

I didn't even need to turn around, as the rustling got closer.

Two silhouettes leapt up out of the camouflage and pounced on top of George and I. I let out a squeak and kicked out at the figure that caged me in, the figure above me began laughing and the one crushing George sounded like an overboiled kettle.

I snap and push Sapnap off me swiftly to pin him down, the soft blow of the wind collects my hair and blows it over my shoulders. "Sapnap."

He falls into a fit of laughter and extends his leg out to kick at Dream beside me. He quickly gathers himself and picks me up. Literally picks me off and carries me, to rescue Sapnap and runs off continuing to laugh. If you want to call those demon sounds 'laughing'.

"Dream! Not you too." Swinging my legs around I quickly and successfully pull myself out of his grasp.

He laughs so hard he falls over his own feet and rolls around in the grass like a dog would after a bath. "You should of seen your face!"

I kick him in the side, not enough to hurt but enough to let him know I was annoyed. I lean down and grab his arm tightly with both my hands and begin to dramatically drag him over to George and Sapnap. "You need to see George's reactions to these flowers."

Dream tilts his head, his laughing halted, "What?"

I strain my arms hauling him back over, smiling down at him. "You'll see."

。゚•┈୨☁୧┈•゚。

We spent hours, the whole minecraft day in fact. Just chasing after George and pointing out things for him to see if they were noticeably different than what his memory told him.

A starry night was now looming above, as if strung in the air by invisible strings. Pretty enough to ignite the heart of any nature's child, yet not one of them cast their eyes upward to see it. All we cared about was placing our beds down and quickly getting through the night and no amount of starlight could stop that.

Sapnap and George placed their beds five feet apart, because they're not gay?

With a small chuckle I walk a little further away and drop down my bed that we'd robbed from the village.

Y/u/n has just earned the achievement [Sweet Dreams]

Approaching footsteps headed towards me the wet sound of someone on grass.

Two beds are placed on either side of mine, I couldn't hold in my laughter when I sat up to see a sulking Dream standing a several blocks away. Opposite to Sapnap and George's triumphant attitudes as they got into their beds on either side of me.

GeorgeNotFound has just earned the achievement [Sweet Dreams]

Sapnap has just earned the achievement [Sweet Dreams]

Dream hangs his head, dragging his feet over to us.

"Awh, Dream, you gonna cawhy?" Sapnap mocks from his bed, unaware that he just pissed off the wrong green glow stick.

Dream goes up to Sapnap's bed and breaks it strategically placing his own bed right after and hopping in, "Go to bed Sapnap!" His soft chuckle titteed into ripples of laughter with great waves of hilarity.

Dream has just earned the achievement [Sweet Dreams]

"Hilarious. You're so funny, Dream." Sapnap kicks at the ground slightly irritated

I thought it was going to end up in a petty fight, but Sapnap felt too comfortable. "I'll only sleep next to you if I get cuddles." He wastes no time in placing his bed next to Dream who was still dying quietly beside me. I'd assume George had fallen asleep soundly through all of this.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams. Ha! Get it?" Dream reached out and whacked Sapnap who was already getting into his moved bed. All of the noises and sounds disappeared in an instant.

Tomorrow was a new day and we had no idea how much closer we were to the end.

What? HOW?!

- Dream.