ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: It's Not A Competition

You're an independent woman?

- Dream.

There was an explosion in my brain... the good sort... the type that carries more possibilities than I could be conscious of... but there were hundreds of ideas there in that buzz of electricity... we could feel it. It was the calling card of adventure, of paths awaiting our feet.

Whatever was ahead could be a great challenge, and there could be tears, but it was our adventure to take and so I smiled. The ideas would come, probably when we least expected it.

Glancing over my shoulder to the boys craning their neck up to the fortress. "Well... what are we waiting for?"

。゚•┈୨☁୧┈•゚。

GeorgeNotFound has just earned the achievement [A Terrible Fortress]

Y/u/n has just earned the achievement [A Terrible Fortress]

Dream has just earned the achievement [A Terrible Fortress]

Sapnap has just earned the achievement [A Terrible Fortress]

Stepping into the fortress was like stepping into a whole other world. It was like venturing onto a set of old train tracks and following them as far as they'd take you. Dream pulled his hood down further as he inspected the walls.

The tunnels were empty, pieces that seemed perfectly at home within the structures red dust-covered walls. Just as it had been outside, the inside looked like something out of a red themed horror movie. We stepped further into the hallways, looking around and leaving clean footprints on the floor. Roofed shelter stretched high over our heads.

My hands trailed along the old beams, "Why is it so quiet?" I asked, turning back to the three figures standing in the doorway.

"Because all the mobs are above us," Dream said, smirking as he walked up the stairs. There was a certain overly-proud lilt to his steps.

I relax my eyes and follow behind him with Sapnap and George, "Great."

"But the odds are in our favour," he said, "And I intend to make the most of them."

Our breaths seemed to still in the cold air, leaving a gap of soundless space as we stood there, metres apart. The quiet was an unspoken dare. A gap of nothing but a challenge.

。゚•┈୨☁୧┈•゚。

Making our way out of the mini shelter and started walking along the bridges, there were a lot of zombified piglins, but not many other mobs. Occasionally avoiding any wither skeletons.

We thought looking for the fortress was the hardest bit. Turns out finding the spawner is much more time consuming, with our excitement time seemed to tick by longer

Searching for the spawner, we'd dropped all commentary attempting to stay as quiet as possible. Every now and then I'd check to make sure everyone was doing okay, only receiving the same 'yeah' each time.

"I think that's the spawner." George pointed to a corner that looked to curve into a room.

"Nice one George." I said, we all turned and headed towards it.

Two wither skeletons blocked our entry and were closing in on us. Sapnap aimed his bow and rapid fired one, whilst I hit away at the other with my iron axe.