ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: Swim Fishy Swim

Get him, get him, George!

- Sapnap.

The sun blooms on the horizon, golden petals stretching ever outwards into the rich blue. It is the brilliant flower of the sky. An invitation to a new day.

When I woke up the boys were already getting up and cooking food for our journey. "Good Morning!" I rub my eyes, from the sleep.

"Morning!" Their voices call out from different directions.

"Good Morning..." Dream's voice was coarse like a fragmented rock in a hessian sack, moving and grinding against each other. He wipes his dirty blonde hair from his mask and blankly looks at a singular tree for a little too long. I thought I was tired... Dream sounded like he didn't get any dreams last night.

"Someone's not doing to well." Tiredly laughing I look over to Sapnap, who was just watching the furnace cook some meat he probably put in. George was close to him, impatiently tapping his foot.

"We're going to need blocks, lots of blocks and that includes hunting down Endermen for pearls." Sapnap reaches for the now cooked pork, he smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head.

Lifting my arms above my head and arching my back from sleep "Alright, let's go then, I'm bored."

His smirk was so subtle, it was even more infuriating for George who caught a glimpse of it after making the foolish mistake of waiting for his food. "What the heck Sapnap?!"

Thinking on my feet I trudge over to George and thread my arms around his chest and I start walking backwards to drag his heels along the ground, away from Sapnap. "Come on, let's go George."

Coughing to hold in his laugh, "Bye Georgieee!" He waved goodbye with a simple open and close of his hand.

This angers him even more and he begins carrying on like a feral cat with a grudge. Reaching out his arms and attempting to squirm out of my hold.

"Coming Dream?" I look over to the lump of green slime on the ground moping.

Lifting up his left arm into the air to signify he's still alive. "Yeah, give me ten minutes."

George continues to squirm and roll about in my firm hold. "I don't think I can wait that long, join us later."

I lift George up and pull him off towards the direction of the oak forest nearby.

。゚•┈୨☁୧┈•゚。

With each stride my mind became more clear, more resolute, the growing physical distance between George and I had now calmed down, with him walking usually by my side. Abruptly pausing to check he's still wandering nearby.

Chatting with him was a sort of verbal dance, one beautifully chaotic, one that makes you laugh out loud feel your heart switching on. It was banter, I guess, but I lived for it and I would have spent any amount of time in his company that I could have. We were funny together, not so much with others... we just brought that sense of playfulness out of one another.

In the forest the sky vanishes almost completely, only a few fragments of blue remain- like scattered pieces of an impossible jigsaw puzzle. The only movement is the occasional pig, startling when we chase it or a fox dashing off into the grass.

The sound of running water travelled to our ears. Nearing a lake we found several scattered berries, red and tart but with just the right amount of sweetness.