ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: It's a Zombie Apocalypse

I'm ready, charge oOoooNn!!

- Dream.

I heard a groan from outside. I curiously wandered over to the window. Only to be faced with the horrific sight of mangled entities hoarded in large groups. Their black orbs shining in the night. I walk up closer to the window pressing my breath against the glass, there were loads of slow moving zombies wavering through the village, attacking the villagers and breaking down doors.

Sapnap had been gone for awhile and I knew going out to look for him will definitely antagonise him. I sit for a brief minute listening out as the gurgling and growling moves further away.

Getting up my hands tremble and my eyes just start to water as I walk over to the door and reach my hand out towards the door knob. Something was behind there and it was anything but good. My body feels hot and sweat starts trickling down my neck. I grip it tightly and twist it. With every move I make, I get more and more terrified. My breath quickens as I hear the creaking of the door. Suddenly everything is silent and behind the door is just darkness. Once I see that there's nothing there my tense body relaxes.

I breathe out a sigh of relief and continue my mission, sneaking along the walls of the houses.

There was absolute stillness. No air stirred the grass or leaves. No clouds drifted in the sea of black above. No water dripped or flowed. Not a sound could be heard either close at hand or in the far off distance. Even my own breath seemed to die as soon as it left my mouth. It was an eerie sort of tranquility, so instead of being soothed my senses became heightened. I felt like the prey even though no predator could be detected.

That was until I heard groans and growls directly behind me.

Already knowing the zombies were approaching I breathed heavily as I ran through the maze of buildings and winding paths as the sky rumbled, and heavy rain bounced off the wooden houses overrun with zombies. The drops of rain beat against my skin.

"Please God, let me live." I cried aloud, throwing myself forward with even greater abandon. My lungs and heart were pumping, but the air didn't seem to be enough as I sprinted forward, panic trembling in my already exhausted limbs.

I run into what I thought was an abandoned house, only to see four zombies turning to face me, blocking the door I entered from.

I cuss under my breath and reach out my sword shaking, I hit two of them before looking around for possible escape options.

The window!

I dash towards the window and I hear the sound of breaking glass, yet this time it is a music that vanishes deep scars. Wounds heal as if my blood were liquid magic. Then I watch the shards shrink in moments as if the waters of the ages had weathered them to friendly gem-like pebbles, soft to my soles.

Sticking my landing with a hard thud and gathering my legs back as quickly as I could manage. Racing away from the center of the village.

The light showed the rough walls dwindling as it snaked away. My skin shuddering and I could feel my brain starting to defocus, searching for a way out... I should go backwards...up there, to the forest where the paths run in every direction...

I knew Sapnap was nearby, I just had a gut feeling. I couldn't leave him. Well he did leave me... so...

I thump my foot in a small tantrum. Debating staying or going. Kicking a stone, I turn my head to look back at the slow approaching Zombies.

"Please forgive me Sapnap." I mumble under my shaking breath.

I know he'll be fine, a few Zombies could never get to him after he took out a Iron Golem by himself. My mind stops it's unproductive and stupid self debate, I am able to start thinking my way out this mess. If I run the Zombies will eventually catch me because I need to save my sprint, but if I stay I'm as good as dead, so I have only two options; up or down. Down means creating a burial for myself and I haven't got time to dig a sob hole.