||22||

Fits of crying amidst our hearts interluded,as we both trailed to the point where our mind swimmings had been amalgamating

That centre point was Ma,

Her mother-in-law and my mother.

But only if I knew,she had done something greater than me for someone who didn't even shared any blood bond or relativity bond with her.

Throughout my life, that's where I  found the definition of benignancy.

I pitied myself for mudding such a pure soul with my insecure mind. The moment, I could calculate all the situations coming in reality,I was taken aback by guilt.

Husna was still weeping, hiding her face in the gatherness of her arms. Only the pauses of her crying tone and sniffs were heard by me. I had myself sit on the divan beside table and let all the restlessness soothe away from my veins.

“ Why didn't you tell me about your state ?” I asked the most foolish question of my life.

“ You were never there..... to ask” the words came with a cough in between.

I realized what she said. Truly,I was never there to even know her state,to even see her State. I was undoubtedly blameworthy.

“ Why didn't the delivery boy come?” I dared to ask that.

“ I don't know ” She was soft in her whips.

I was lost of words,what could I do to repay for the unjust I had done. I was too afraid to continue our conversation. I wanted to fled away from there and hide my guilty face from her innocent eyes. Yet,I knew how delicate her heart was! How easily she would have forgiven me!

Moreover, hadn't she done so?

Surprising both of ourselves,the landline suddenly kept beeping untill I walked near it to answer. The voice coming from the other side was so familiar to me to recognize.

It was none other than Husna's father.
The heaviness and huskiness of his tone defined how desperate he had been before I picked the call.

Not sparing me a chance to salam,he at random talked furiously,

“ Husna! Have you gone mad! Why have you fled from your own home! Are you in your senses mad girl! I feel reaping you into pieces for your childish acts! ”

The talks were still blurry to me. Had Husna come back here from her home? But when did she go there? and when did she return?

I thought looking at her small figure sitting into a ball shape by the sofa. She was looking at me with curiosity in her eyes which had then painted in crimson.

Our gazes unlocked as I proceeded to the call saying,

" I am Bilal"

“ BILAL! You bastard ! That's what I was wondering! You have taken my daughter from here! Haven't you! I will kill you for this! ” I distanced the telephone from my ear for the yelling which holded so much grudge. I didn't mind the use of slangs from my father-in-law as I knew I deserved it.

“ Who is it!” Husna hurriedly stood on her toes and came near me asking. I knew she was not unaware of the shrieking voice.

“ It's your fa—” before I could complete she grabbed the phone from my grip and placed it firmly on its place.

The last echo I heard from the phone was another bad names indicating me.

“ You have fled from your own home?” I perplexedly asked Husna whose face holded tension at its peak.

“ Yes, I did last night ” she said with no hesitation.

She wiped the remaining scattered tears around her eyeholes with her thumbnails. I noticed her dress which was dusty and faded like she used to wear at her own home. It said she had been living in there for a while.

“ I am not getting anything clear here, tell me everything” I pleaded holding her palms.

She took them back from grip and stared at my face for a moment. Again she went silent like a calm cloud drifting here and there in her own thoughts.

“ Go and fetch some food for Ma,she has been unfed for three days and two nights ” She spoke the most unexpected thing and surprised me.

“ But—” I wanted to ask more questions that were crossing through my nerves constantly.

“ Do it first. It's urgent. I have brought the necessary medicines for her but I didn't get one. Bring it too. It needs to be taken at lunch. The one with Antacid tablet ” she ordered me formally avoiding all the incidents that just had happened. Her mind was totally out of every unnecessary things expect her utmost duty towards Ma.

What reason she had to go and come back,what had she done in my absence and what was she going to do was haunting me like a mystery.

A mystery I was trying to solve in myself.

Assalamualaikum.Hope you all are doing well. I know I have become to much ignorant and irregular in updates which is undoubtedly annoying. But inn Sha Allah I will try harder to work for you.
Forgive this lazy author.Plweeeeeshhhh!