||20||

By the dusk,sun drowning inside the clouds and curtaining darkness over us,I reached my home

By the dusk,sun drowning inside the clouds and curtaining darkness over us,I reached my home. I scooted near the door where the gateman surprisedly gawked me and came forward to take the single leather bag that I was holding in my heart. It took him a moment to realize I was in reality standing in front of him. Not surprising. He was well known that I wasn't coming too soon. That is why his face was perplexed.

"Assalamualaikum,sir. You,this while?"

"Walaikum Assalam. I heard Ma is ill,so I have come to see " I kept uttering while taking long steps towards the stairs.

I had a strong urge to ask him right then if Husna was truly gone. It is because I distrusted my brother more than Husna. But his serious words in the letter did shook me vigorously.

While reaching my apartment, I felt my heart racing more. I was sweating of the fear what I wasn't expecting would happen. Calming the flames of my stomach,I hastily inquired the gateman who was staring me weirdly for a while,

" Is your madam at home ? "

I dreaded the answer.

" No,She—" he straightforwardly answered and wanted to say further but the thunder that descended on my heart made his mouth block.

I was sinking in tears, however I folded up it too hastily with my sunglasses. He kept giving me that surprised look.

Leaving me at the doorstep he left with a salam to which I wasn't bothered to answer.

I saw the door was locked from outside that made my worry accelerate.

How cruel! How cruel you are Husna!

With a trembling heart,I unlocked the door with the spare keys I took with me.

After looping the dining room which seemed like ages far,I banged the door of the guest room where my eyes found a body laying just like it always did.

Ma was alive,yes she had to. For her son.

I cupped her swollen cheeks in my hands when fresh teardrops released from her sockets wetting my fingertips.

" Alhamdullillah,you are okay. Allah kept you okay " I uttered with sticky lips which dried out of water.

She moved her hand into my head and smiled mildly like a sunflower. My mother's smile was the beautifulest thing I had ever seen. How dearly she loved me,her son! There's where I found peace,in my mother's arms where my head was digged and I felt so young.

There could be no other reason I was alive, except my mother-I contemplated.

I checked her pulse rate with the heart rate monitor.

My eyes travelled to the vacancy that echoed from every nook and corner of that house. Silence was painted all there just like it was,before.

How foolish, I was to think that she would color the silence in joy with her appearance. I wanted to welcome her in our canvas,the life canvas where only I & Ma existed.But she was not made for our life,she was not chosen for our black and white life,she prefered a colorful life- like everyone does.

But I couldn't bear that—

I couldn't bear the pain that caused me because of her choice,I wanted her near,I wanted her to be right in front of my eyes. I wished heartily she would stay.

Did she?

Here I was dying thinking how much she used to miss me. Damn. She cared a damn about me,let alone my mother.

I felt horrible to leave my mother in her untrustworthy hands. I recalled the words Helal bhai wrote in the letter- a low classed girl.

I couldn't adopt the reality slapping my face, I wanted to scream but only trance of energy was left with me to claim gratefulness towards God that He kept my mother alive for me.

A/N:
I gave the gap between that serious para to make you worry XD. It is so satisfying to make readers eager.

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

I am dying to know your thoughts (*_*) please say something dudes.