||01||

My marriage could be named a forced marriage if my life was a novel

My marriage could be named a forced marriage if my life was a novel. But it wasn't. Early marriage,forced marriage were thought and accepted with no emphasis in our country.

The family's decision was final and uninterruptable decision. At last,it got the tag of ' girl's fate ' which was unchangeable and pretty much ignorable.

Growing up in hand to mouth,I still had the audacity to cherish a dream.A dream which would have swerved my life.

I wanted to be a doctor. Inspite of staring my father toiling in rain or sun, getting into the turbulence of brother, suppression of my mother's agony; I , in sober fact , wanted to spring out of that small hut of miseries.

I had all the dreams of a youthful woman.I wanted to see a big city with twinkling road-lights,crowded markets, shopping mall with AC,food courts with aroma of western platters.
In other words, I pursued to be a city girl,with an average job,a well settled husband, not a big mansion; I hoped a small flat in Dhaka. My eyes used to see all these in the spark of moonlight at night. I studied with my heart and soul to get rid of the financial problems of our family.

I was disheartened when Bilal came to my home with a marriage proposal.
He was blunt for me but serendipitous for my family. He was an army officer in the Dhaka Batalian. Well-established and prestigious status.

I just completed my college,when father compelled me to accept him as a husband. My all toils,all notes,all dreams were stamped under my bridal attire.

We didn't had the stability to arrange engagement,Mehndi night, marriage,other occasions and arrangements of a wedding session separetely.

Bilal 's family had,they were supposed to arrange a grand Wedding for the youngest son of their family. But they materialized the wedding simply any middle class family would. There came no one except his uncle,aunty and his brother's family in our wedding.

Bilal was someone I detested for ruining my dreams in a gust of wind.

I stayed clueless with hollowed eyes, why would he want to marry a poor, average looking, lanky, unwelcomed girl? I didn't deserve him in any prospect.

Still he insisted on our wedding.

Whereas, all of my family were blooming out of good luck and ecstatic thoughts because of our wedding.

Father consoled me every time, I should be grateful to him. I should respect him with heart. Not all girls get a golden chance like me.

I somehow inhibited the grudges for the sake of our family.

A girl has to do it. This is the mentality with, we were upbringed.

The wedding day arrived despite of my praying, something miracle would happen and I would not see his face again. I prayed to Allah that I did not wish to see his face second time. I just saw a glance of him when he first came home like a shameless in my eyes, an angel in father's eyes.