||08||

They didn't leave easily

The one whom we want to stay,fades away soon but the one whom we don't want,grasp our legs. Perhaps,the reason behind this is— when the undesired one goes and desired one comes, we can taste the moment sweeter than any time.

Collapse.I was collapsed to impress them.

My best attire,my extra politeness,extra hard work for preparing the three times meals for them,the cleanliness I failedly tried,the caring motion for mother-in-law was collapsed in front of one mistake. All I was trying to gather were some praises,some appreciations,some warmth of the effort I was pushing through my guts.
As a daughter-in-law, I left no stone unturned to refulfill my duties,my faithfulness.

Probably, I had some satisfaction through some warm words of Farah bhabi. She was unaware of her irresponsibilities but had the full right to criticize mine.

That one mistake.

Bilal's family were contented with me welly until I had made the fault unintentionally. Mother-in-law had a swelling in her right leg,which was another side effects of her disease.
But I didn't know. Who would tell me?

When I saw, she couldn't straighten her right leg, I massaged it. I didn't let it know to Helal bhai or Farah bhabi.
I was quite ignorant of its severity.
By a displace of massaging, she screamed and I realized, her leg went to worst state. She was silent of her pain, only staring at me with tearful ocean orbs.

I ran to Helal bhai, they worrily came with terrified faces. Therapist came. Checked on her.He said her leg was swellen because of inactivity of the cells for a long time. But the forceful act of my hands had fractured it fully. Medicines were prescribed and bought by Helal bhai.
Many home remedies were added.

Helal Bhai glared me with fumming eyes, thudding my heart with fear. Farah bhabi was clueless, matching her opinions with her husband. I was all alone and a culprit.
They didn't say anything that time.
I was lost of words to make him understand that it was not my fault.

That day,at night. I eavedropped both of them when we were finished with the dinner.

" Bilal is a fool. Always. I warned him, beforehand. " Helal bhai was gripping his fists.

" Leave it."

" Leave it? Farah! Mom was almost killed by that illiterate woman! Bilal was a stupid to marry a village,low girl like her. Wasn't he? Look at the consequences now." Helal bhai shrugged the words which shattered the glass of my heart into tiniest pieces.

" Oh..Helal. please! She might listen!" Farah bhabi patted his back, nervousness cleared in her face.

After a dip of silence,Helal bhai again spoke," One more mistake she makes; which influences mom, I will get her out of this house " his words were cold as frost ground of winter which were freezing my heart.