October 22, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- October 22, 2021

Dear Diary,

The events of the morning still consume my mind. The only time my mind needed to be cleared is at night where every person is consumed by their deep slumber and no one remains awake. I feel free and open, accessing my deepest thoughts where silence cascades onto me and I can spill my secrets onto the pages of my diary. As every person remains asleep, my mind runs in circles about the past events and how my life changed drastically over the past days. My small lamp remains beside me, casting a yellowish glow and the window allows the fresh spring breeze to whirl into the room. My mind couldn't possibly process the thought of the magical locket that somehow was sealed closed, only to be opened with a key found in a rose. What logical reasoning could there be?

Even with the thoughts running through my mind about the locket and how I'm in denial about the whole situation, I still wanted to investigate as the curiosity burnt through my veins. This morning was filled with an event that will lead me to my future. This morning held wonders that will allow me to venture into the wilderness tomorrow and start a new chapter. As I write onto these pages of my diary, I wait anxiously for the sun to rise in hope for a better life. I hold the smallest hope within my heart to find something beyond the horizon. It all started this morning.

"Maid, what happened yesterday?" Harry asked. His emerald green eyes stared into my soul and I knew he required an immediate answer but I didn't want to. I knew that it wasn't his business. He cared for me in one moment and the next he was ushering me off to complete my duties. He still saw me as apart of his staff members with no worth so why should I mention my problems to him? Did he think he should know after I opened up with a hug? "I require an answer," he said. He crossed his arms against his broad chest, blocking the entrance to the laundry room. I still didn't understand why he was always following me?

"I have no answer, Prince. I must be going now. Wouldn't want your father thinking you're interacting with someone who's beneath you, would we?" I said and held my head high. He raised an eyebrow and clenched his jaw slightly. I could practically smell the anger radiating off his tall muscular body but at that moment, I didn't care. I felt like I had no purpose and I didn't know where I belonged anymore. So what if they banned me from the kingdom? What was my purpose on this earth anymore. I didn't know who my family was anymore or who to trust.

"You really love using your pretty little mouth, don't you? Why don't we put it to use somewhere else?" He said, a smirk plastering against his lips and my eyes widened slightly. 

"I don't need a recap of what happened between us. That kiss meant clearly nothing as you were drunk," I stated. I knew what he was referring to and I had no intention of sleeping with this man. He either was the most gentlest and kindest man or the rudest. He needed to set his priority straight if he wanted another kiss from me. What was I kidding? I didn't want to kiss him or to even interact with him ever again. He just ruined my day and I had enough on my plate.

"So you did want it to mean something? We could always try again?" He asked. 

"I don't get you, Prince. First you're all wicked and cruel and the next you're sweet. Not that sweet but you get the point," I said and he laughed. The first ever laugh I heard was mesmerising. He always kept a cold and stone mask on, yet, he never showed his colours. But on that moment, I forgot about him for a second. My mind wandered back to the locket around my neck. I knew I shouldn't be asking this man but he was the closest I had in the royal group. "So, I have a favour to ask," I said. I bit my lip anxiously as I waited for his response. I didn't understand myself at some points. I was rude and now I was asking for favours?

"A favour, you ask. What do I get in return for this?" He asked and smirked. 

"You'll get your answer for your previous question. I'll tell you what happened," I responded. He raised his left eyebrow and leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest. Ushering me to speak, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what I was going to say. I couldn't even process it within my mind, yet, I was going to say it aloud. "Yesterday morning when I was gardening, I came across the 'Salvadora' plant which is native to the 'Salvadora' kingdom. It held a small key which unlocked my locket," I said and wrapped my hand around the necklace and his eyes fell to my chest. "It had a woman and man with the last name of 'Salvatore' which is my last name and they were of royalty. What if those people were my parents?" I questioned and his eyebrows furrowed. "I know this is crazy but couldn't you cover for me while I checked it out?" I asked and his eyebrows raised slightly.

"I- couldn't you be mistaken?" He asked as he ran his hand through his hair.

"My locket was sealed shut and suddenly a key from a plant can open it? I know there is more to the story. If you can't help me, I'll ask my friend, Elizabeth," I said and he sighed.  "I know this is a lot to take in and trust me I'm still processing it myself," I continued and he licked his lips.

"Elizabeth isn't going to know about this. This is going to stay between you and I. But what makes you think I'm going to cover for you?" He asked and my eyebrows furrowed together. He trailed slowly to me, staring down into my eyes and placed his hand under my chin. "I'm coming with you," he whispered and my eyes widened, eyebrows raising. I couldn't believe my own ears.

"Excuse me? We were enemies, yet, you're willing to come with me?" I asked.

"No woman can fight in the wilderness alone. It'll take days to reach that kingdom," he said.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I licked my lips. "What makes you think I can't fight? I'm more than capable of taking down an army of men on my own," I whispered and he smirked. "Meet me at the garden on the rise of the sun," I said and he nodded. I stepped back and used my hand to slap him across the cheek. His eyes widened and he looked me in the eye. "And that's for thinking I can't fight, Prince," I continued and stormed off to finish the rest of the laundry.

So as I sit on my bed, I await the time to head off to the garden where my future lays. I wait for the time where I will spend the days with Harry alone in the wilderness, hiking to the kingdom. What if this is all just a prank and I was being led to my own destruction? What if I'm being delusional and my mind is playing tricks on me? What if I'm so alone that I'm desperate for a family?

(Hey! Hope you had a great day/night! Please consider voting and commenting! What did you think?)