October 26, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- October 26, 2021

"Aurelia, you're finally awake. Where's Harry?" My mother asked. My mind wandered back to where I left him, still sleeping without a worry in mind. I didn't want to wake him as he looked so peaceful and I wanted time with my mother alone. Spending years without her made me feel lonely and like I didn't belong in this world. With her back in my life, I felt alive and like a part of my heart had been restored. Family was everything.

"Oh, he's sleeping. I didn't want to wake him," I said as a smile tugged on my lips. My mind wandered to a sleepy Harry where he looked so different. I had to admit he was quite attractive with his curly brown hair that cascaded down his head, covering his emerald green eyes. However much he looked good sleeping, when he spoke with his English accent, it held such a playful tone as if he were the star of his own movie. I could have sat there all day simply to listen and smile. Snapping myself into reality, I stared into my mothers eyes. "So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"I was thinking you could get some breakfast. The maids will bring it to your room with Harry then we can catch up. Is that okay?" She asked. The thought of the maids bringing me food when I used to do it left me sick to my stomach. I never wanted anyone to experience what had in the Kingdom of Eroda. Everyone deserved to be treated with respect as we're all humans. "Is there a problem, Aurelia?" She continued. I nodded slowly.

"Yes. Couldn't I get my own food?" I asked and her eyebrows furrowed together. "Just that I was the maid back in the kingdom I came from and I don't want to put them in that position," I said.

"My poor darling. You are a princess now so you must be treated as one. They are to bring you breakfast, now hurry up to Harry," she said and ushered me away. I sauntered up the marble staircase, through the vast hall with paintings that depicted so many royal people of the bloodline and I gazed at them intensely. I kept walking until I spotted a door open with a sweet tune drifting from it. My eyebrows furrowed together as I realised I've heard that song somewhere. Yet, I still snuck into an unknown room, the song luring me in. 

It was quite large, way bigger than Harry and I's room with a window that showed a gorgeous view of the city below and ocean. The ivory bed was massive with ivory sheets and it looked to be some type of royal suite. Suddenly, I realised this was my mother's room. However, I didnt care. This was the closest I'll ever get to actually knowing her. Her secrets, her other face that she possibly could never show if I didn't scavenge through.

As I turn around from the window, my eyes were captured by a walk in closet. I trailed in, a variety of different ball gowns and casual wear lined up on racks with shelves stacked with heels and my eyes widened to the amount of clothes she had. I should of expected it. She's the queen after all. Eyes looking up, they were captured my a circular baby blue box with a crimson red bow tie strung on the top. Grabbing it, I pulled it down and opened the lid to reveal letters. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I saw the name Kaiser Salvatore signed at the bottom with the date being of a few days ago. 

My eyes scanned the letter, shock flooding through my veins as I realised that was my father.

"Dear Rose,

I despise how you banned me of this kingdom. What if my daughter came back and I'm not able to be with her? After the accident, I lost a piece of me. I lost my daughter and I lost you. You lost the love for me and I despise you for leaving me. What if she came back? Are you going to tell her I have passed away or the truth? The truth of how you planned the accident to rid of me for the wealth and the kingdom. Even if it meant to lose our daughter and place her at another kingdoms doorstep?

Kaiser Salvatore"

The letter left me feeling shocked and bewildered as my eyes widened and my breathing began to pick up. To think that my father was alive all along and that my mother was the evil one. I trusted to quickly and all it did was leave me with a broken heart. I went through other letters, scanning the words. It all said the same, how she should be ashamed and she should be. I closed the lid and placed it back on the top shelf where it was originally placed. Smooth tears rolled down my cheeks and I dashed out of her room, hoping no one saw me. 

Opening the door to Harry and I's room, I saw him eating the breakfast the maids happen to give him. "Damn Princess, you should be like the maids that just came in," he said. Their sole purpose was to obey, however, I despised obeying the royals. I hated how I was beneath them. I looked at him, his eyes widening and he placed down his slice of toast slowly. "What happened to you? It hasn't even been a day," he said.

"My mother. She lied about my father. He's actually alive," I breathed. "I saw some letters in her closet," I continued and he furrowed his eyebrows together. "Don't even ask," I said.

"Why would she even lie?" he said and I shrugged. 

"She's just a lying and deceitful woman. I want nothing to do with her. And to think I finally thought I would of had a mother," I said as a sob escaped my lips. I sat beside Harry and he pulled me into a tight hug. I don't even know how this affection started but I wasn't complaining. He was the only person I could trust at the moment. As much as I hated to admit, he was there when no one was and I had to be grateful for that.

"Cry it out. No one should ever lie and hurt you," he said as he held me. Sobs escaped my lips as tears soaked Harry's ivory shirt. "I'm sorry for treating you bad. From now on I promise to protect you," he whispered as he lightly kissed my head. Those words affected me. They say sadness is behind anger, yet anger never comes unless in direct self defence, and so perhaps I can credit this natural passivity with my willingness to cry and feel pain, to let the sorrow teach me more about my true nature and how fragile we humans are. I had to let it all out.

"Thanks, Harry. I'm sorry for kicking your ass too," I said as I laughed and the tears rolled down my cheeks. He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back slightly. "What?" I said with a cheeky grin. I loved how we connected in this moment, how I felt free and forgot everything.

"I'll give you credit but you can't say that to anyone else. You're hurting my ego enough," he said and laughed. I shook my head slightly and smiled. 

"I'll think about it," I said and punched him softly on the arm. He grabbed me and pushed me on the bed, pinning my arms on the bed and a laugh escaped my lips. "Let me go!" I squealed.

"Say you're sorry," he growled and looked me in the eye.

"Is your toxic masculinity hurting? The feeling to dominate me so strong? Well, I'll show you who's alpha," I said as I grabbed his arm and swung him over. I landed above him, Harry lying underneath me and I smiled. "Second time," I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"You're lucky I don't want to hurt you," he said and I laughed.

"Or you can't," I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

(Hey! hope you had a great day/night! Please consider voting and commenting! What did you think of this chapter?)