November 2nd, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- November 2nd, 2021

Dear Diary,

It all started the morning after Harry and Anastasia's wedding, the wedding that was purely cancelled for my sake. The guilt began to rise within my stomach, the feeling so intoxicating that it began to chew me alive. Just the thought that I was the reason for Anastasia's sadness made me feel like the worst person alive. Wasn't I always looking out for women and now I'm the reason for their sadness?

I planned on heading to her room to just explain the circumstances but I wasn't sure she would like to talk after everything that went down yesterday. I looked over my shoulder, expecting to see Harry but instead, I was met with an empty space. My heart dropped slightly, hoping that he didn't regret his decision. I pushed away the strands of my hair away from my face and jumped up from bed, preparing myself for the day ahead.

Stepping out of the Harry's grand room, I was met with chaos. Workers scattered around, replacing Anastasia's wedding designs that she picked, only to be replaced with the limited decisions I made last night for Harry and I's wedding. We had many preparations to go through before the big day.

"Mrs Styles, would you prefer the red or white roses?" A member of the staff asked in a hurry, his eyes revealing his plan was to ask and leave within seconds after my decision. My mind wandered back to the name he called me. I wasn't even married to Harry yet, and I'm suddenly apart of him. I was his wife without even marrying him yet.

"White roses," I said with a smile. With a nod, he rushed off for his next duty. I turned away and walked down the vast corridor until I was met with Anastasia's doors. My heart raced like horses running through the wilderness and I sucked in a sharp breath, trying to prepare myself for the next moment.

Knocking, I waited for her response. I hated how everything played out but that's how life was. Everything had twists and turns and I had to just roll with it. I didn't even know how my feelings for Harry started and now I was stuck in a cycle where I had to break her heart to be with the one I loved.

As the door opened slowly, she peeked out and I was met with her eyes. Her hair was a complete mess, looking like a nest and her eyes were bewildered, tears staining her rosy cheeks. My heart completely shattered, realising I was the cause for her miserable state. "What do you want?" She snapped, her voice coming out hoarse and tired. "Come to humiliate me even more?" She continued, eyes blazing with anger.

"No, I came to apologise. Please let me in," I said, pleading with my eyes and she rolled her own ones. "Don't let this come between us, let me in and we'll talk it through. I'll explain everything!"

"Anastasia, who is it?" A familiar voice entered my ears and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Was that Harry? He ambled closer until I was met with his emerald green irises and his eyebrows raised ever so slightly. "What're you doing here, love?"

"I can ask the same thing," I said as jealousy suddenly began to rise in me.

"I came to talk and apologise to her," he responded and I nodded slightly. He ran his hand frustrately through his hair and Anastasia pulled the door open until we saw eachother clearly. With his black jeans, white loose tee-shirt and chain, he looked so plain and simple like he just got out of bed. On the contrary, Anastasia looked like she just woke up from bed, her hair wild and eyes and cheeks tear-stained. The vibe was sad and miserable and my mind went back to the decision yesterday, debating on whether I made the right decision.

I walked into her room and scanned the territory. It looked the same as Harry's with ivory painted long walls, a vast window showing the city beneath but it had more of a girly touch to it. I sat on her long couch, shifting awkwardly and stared up at her. "Look Anastasia, I am so sorry about what happened yesterday," I blurted out, eyes widened.

"I don't understand you or Harry. Weren't you both fighting and now you're planning on marrying one another?" She asked, her voice raising and she looked in between us. Turning to Harry, her eyes squinted deadly. "I knew you were pitying me when you asked to marry me but why did you humiliate me? I was willing to get with you, even if you loved her instead but to humiliate me in front of kingdoms? You should've made up your mind from the beginning before you went and ruined my life!" She exclaimed, her voice continually rising until she was yelling at him.

What was I missing? Did Harry pity her at the ball after our incident? The very same incident that ruined Anastasia's dress and left her humiliated in front of hundreds of royals. And to think he married her because he pitied her, he didn't really love her, did he?

"You need to understand, everything was a mess back then. We didn't know our feelings and we were trying to figure ourselves out," Harry objected.

"That doesn't give you the right to drag me into your mess! Didn't you to think you could hurt someone else than yourselves? When you called the wedding off, I didn't mind cause I knew you loved her but didn't you think about my reputation? I know you didn't care because you have love but I care because I have my reputation to uphold!" She yelled, her fists balling into fists and she began to breath heavily.

"I understand that, I'm really sorry, okay?" He tries to justify. "I'll try to fix it. I promise!" He continued and she rolled her eyes in disgust.

"How are you going to fix it? It's literally done, there's no way to turn back time to avoid the humiliation!" She argued, grabbing the lamp and smashing it against the wall. Flinching, my eyes widened in shock and I tried to process her condition. Grabbing her book, she threw it against the wall. "Don't you think about anyone but yourself?" She screamed, tears sliding down her rosy cheeks and I felt my heart drop ever so sudden.

"Anastasia, stop. You're going to hurt someone!" Harry yelled and grabbed the item in her hand. She shrieked, trying to pull away from his strong grip but he didn't let go. His firm grip held on, pushing her onto the bed while she shrieked in anger. Struggling and yelling, his hands remained attached to wrists until she called down.

"I tell you what, I should be the bigger person right now. Who cares what everyone thinks of me? I'm stronger than they know," she said. However, the tears began to pool within her eyes, cascading down her cheeks. "I can't face the humiliation," she whimpered as she shook her head in denial and the sobs escaped her lips. Harry pulled her up gently and wrapped his arms around, comforting her and I sighed.

Sitting beside her, I hugged her. As I let go, I stared into her eyes. "Look, I'm so sorry about everything that happened. I swear Harry and I will do everything in our power to protect you. Can we put this behind us and become friends? You can be my maid of honour," I smiled.

Nodding, a small smile plastered against her lips. "No point in dwelling into it. What happened happened," she sighed. Trying to pick herself up, she wiped her tears and smiled once again.
"Of course I'll be your maid of honour. Let them be jealous I got to be the princess' main girl," she smiled, sniffling slightly and I laughed. I was glad that was over with and we managed to be friends. "Plus you actually look like you love eachother," she laughed slightly, and I knew she was trying to hide the fact she was hurt.

Hugging her, I smiled slightly at Harry. "I'll let you get back to eachother," she said and I nodded. Harry stood up, myself included and slung his arm around my shoulders. "I wish you the best. I couldn't get between two lovers," she smiled and we nodded once before opening the door to leave.

However, as we were about to take a step outside, a staff member came rushing over to us. His eyes were wide, breathing heavily and Harry urged him to speak. "What do you want?" He asked. He ran his hand through his hair and waited for the staff member to talk.

"Your father, the king, he's sick," he said breathlessly.

(Hey guys! What did you think? Llease consider voting and commenting! Another chapter, hehe, I just had so much free time since lockdown. Hope you had a great day/night luvs!)

~Love Natalie