November 24th, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- November 24th, 2021

The plane ride home was exhausting. My mind wandered helplessly over every detail of how we were to gather our troops and fight. I mean we had been forming plans and alliances with other Kingdoms such as with Zayn but as it was so unexpected, we were unprepared. My stomach churned with anticipation and tears brimmed in my eyes.

"Hey, angel. It'll be okay," Harry whispered. He grabbed my hand and stroked in gently. I averted my gaze from the puffy white clouds and looked over to Harry who had a strained smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "We have the best troops and we've already come up with so many plans before we left. Your father has been in charge and he's constantly updating me," he continued.

"Harry, but what if we can't get out of this?" I asked as I felt so helpless. Hope was being sucked out of my grasp and I felt like I was falling in a deep black hole without an escape. "What if we di-" I trailed off.

"No, don't you dare say that, Aurelia. Don't you dare use the words 'what if'. It gets us no where and has always lead to something bad," he silenced me. Even though I wanted to believe him, I was in a difficult situation. His eyes gazed into mine and I saw him try to hold onto the smallest amount of hope.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, lowering my gaze.

"No matter what, I'll be there protecting you. Even if I have to die trying, no person will ever lay a hand on you, angel," he firmly stated.

"I would rather die beside you than you by yourself," I replied as I looked into his eyes once again. "Promise me that this won't be the end," I said, hoping he'll promise me. I wanted him to reassure me, tell me that everything will be alright and we won't fail.

"I promise," he whispered and placed a gentle and sweet kiss on my forehead. I soaked in the familiar sensation that spread through my veins and smiled. Furrowing my eyebrows slightly, my stomach churned with distress and I sucked in a sharp breath. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked as his eyebrows knitted in pure concern.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I hurriedly added. I didn't want him to worry, even though my stomach churned and screamed with pain. "I'm just hungry, that's all," I said with a strained smile. Even though I was in pain, my cravings really asked for some food. I was desperate.

"Excuse me!" Harry announced. "Can we have some food here for my wife?" He asked the flight attendant politely. My eyes widened as I didn't expect him to jump on what I wanted. He looked over and shrugged. "What? You said you were hungry," he smiled.

♡♡♡

"Aurelia, my sweet daughter!" My father exclaimed as he rushed to my side. I walked through the Palace's grand doors and smelled the familiarity of home once again. Smiling, I rushed into my father's arms and snuggled up onto his chest. I wanted to feel like family again. I wanted to open up to my father once again, even if it was the slightest of touches. "How much I missed you," he continued as he tightened the hug.

"I missed you too, father," I mumbled.

As we left the warm hug, he turned to Harry and enveloped him in a bro-hug. "My boy, I'm glad to see you again. Hopefully you two had some fun while it lasted. I'm dearly sorry that I had to disturb you but its an emergency," my father explained, his eyebrows furrowed.

"No, sir, it's completely fine. Is the Queen finally coming for Aurelia?" Harry asked.

"Yes, she is. She's was generous enough to give us two days to prepare for war. Knowing her, she would've stormed in by now," my father revealed, crossing his arms and sighed. "This is not good whatsoever. You need to prepare the troops for battle, son," he said.

My heart dramatically slammed against my chest. I hated the thought of war, how it was to determine our fate for our Kingdom. This was all a chaotic mess and it was inevitable. "Has Zayn's troops arrived yet?" I asked my father.

"I've given word and Zayn's already sent his troops on their way here. He knows the Queen is coming in two days so they've come quickly," my father answered and I nodded. "Aurelia, my dear, no need to worry. All you need to do is rest and leave the work to Harry and I," he continued and I rolled my eyes.

"This involves me, father. I am much as involved as you two are. I'm the prime target within my mother's eyes and I need to know what happening in order to protect myself," I firmly stated as I held my ground.

"Aurelia, no. I don't want you fighting this battle. I specifically told you I wanted to protect and how am I when you're fighting?" Harry voiced, shaking his head in denial. I knew he wanted to protect me, wanted to keep me away from harm but I wouldn't leave him to fight for me. I couldn't.

"No-" I trailed off.

"I said no. This is the moment where I'm putting down my foot and saying you can't," Harry said. He clenched his jaw, gritting his teeth as he wanted to be shown as threatening but I knew better. He had the soft spot of protecting me no matter what. But I couldn't let him fight alone for me.

"Father-" I said, pleading with my eyes.

"I'm agreeing with Harry. You must not fight, it's not suitable for you and you could possibly get hurt. I couldn't live with that," my father said, shaking his head in denial. I couldn't believe it. My father and Harry were against the idea of me fighting with them. I thought we were more civilised to allow women to fight alongside men in battle.

"Fine," I groaned but that wasn't the end.

Now as I lay in bed, I write in my diary about the events of my day. Harry wasn't beside me as he was preparing for battle. There's two days before my mother strikes and we have to prepare for her arrival. There wasn't enough time but we just had to try. I fear the worst but there was no way around this battle. We have to step up and fight for the Kingdom no matter the consequences. We made a promise when we were Crowned.

(Hey lovelies! What did you think of this chapter? Please consider voting and commenting! Hope you had a great day/night!)

~Love, Natalie