November 2nd, 2021 (P2)

Aurelia's Diary- November 2nd, 2021

Dear Diary,

Those words echoed through my ears. 'Your father, the King, he's sick,' rang deeply within my ears and I was left captive in my own mind. Even though I despised the King, I wasn't the kind to send death wishes upon any sick person. He deserved more than that.

"What?" Harry voiced loudly, eyes widened and I swear I could see his face fall. I knew regret was beginning to take it's toll ever since he went against his father's wishes and now he was hostage within his own mind; a prisoner. "Where is he now?" He continued, waiting for the response of the staff member.

"He's in his Chamber, Prince. Hurry," he responded, trying to capture his breath once again and without hesitation, Harry pushed him aside and rushed to his father's aid. Even though they had bad blood between them, I could see Harry's deep connection tugging within his heart. He wouldn't stop until he made it right with his father. Their father and son ran deeper, a bond that couldn't be shattered until death.

"Harry!" I yelled, my breath being sucked from me and I rushed after him. Members of staff ran all over the place trying to sort out the wedding while Harry, Anastasia and I ran past everyone to reach the king. He couldn't possibly succumb to death before us making it right with him again. We all deserved a second chance of happiness without regret seeping through our roots and for the king to sleep with peace.

Harry ripped the doors open, making his way beside his fathers' bed. The kings' face was pale like snow, his eyes closed while his arms remained by his side. His wife rose from the arm chair beside him just as soon as Harry bursted through the chamber doors. Everything seemed unreal and wild.

"Mother, what's the matter?" Harry asked as he briefly looked over to her before gazing down to his sleeping father. "Wasn't he just fine?" He continued and she slightly nodded, the tears beginning to brim within her eyes. I could tell her heart was breaking slowly, shattering into a million pieces and the second her husband left this world, she would break completely.

"Your father...he was poisoned," she whispered, glancing down to her husband. As she met with Harry's irises, the tears sprung down her rosy cheeks. "I don't know what I'll do without him," she whimpered as a sob escaped her lips. Her son walked over to her, enveloping her into a hug that was much deserved. No person deserved the pain of losing a loved one, even though that was the cycle of life.

They both looked broken, completely shattering into millions of pieces that would never be glued back together. Life as they knew it would be clouded with a jet-black smoke snaking its way over their heads until their death. They both shared the pain, their bondage strengthening due to their shared experience as mother and son.

As he let go, he looked down to his father with tears beginning to pool within his eyes. "What did the doctor say?" He said, his voice low and it cracked slightly at the end. As his mother shook her head sadly, he looked away from us and stared out of the window, gazing over the cityscape with his arms crossed across his broad chest.

As I sauntered over to Harry, my mind went to all the possibilities of reactions that would happen if the king died. How it would affect everyone individually, and I could tell the worst due to their current reactions at the moment. It was maddening, and sad how death took it's took it's toll on who it pleased, leaving many mourning.

My arms wrapped around Harry's waist as I rested my head on his back. I couldn't see his expression of grief but I could tell he was about to lose it as his body shook slightly as if he was about to cry. "Harry, look at me," I whispered close to his ear and with my demand, he turned slowly to meet my eyes. His emerald irises were soaked in tears, a tear stain staining his left rosy cheek. "I'm here for you baby. No matter what, we'll all get through this. If you want to cry, cry it all out on my shoulder," I whispered as I stared into his eyes.