Vol. 3 Chapter 1 - Accumulation Program

———Reichia, Capital of the Reichian Empire———

The Reichian Empire, a superpower currently being known for their technological development, and one that is slowly deteriorating the United Kingdom, which used to be its rival in size and power for a century until the arrival of a Resurrected One, and the acquirement of a Summoned One.

"Your Majesty..." A messenger entered the hall of the Capital Palace, in the presence of the Old-aged Emperor, Prince, and Princess. The Emperor and Princess were sitting by the Hall's Throne, while the Prince helped himself to a banquet and several maids tending him nearby.

"Can't you see, we are busy here?" The Prince lashed out, towards the messenger who just entered the room haphazardly.

"Son, this May be important, so keep silent." The emperor replied to the Prince, with a stern demeanour, before turning his attention towards the messenger, and adjusting his position on the throne.

"...It is terrible news your majesty..."

"What might it be?"

"The Army of the Summoned Hero, Arch-knight Andr, has been wiped out."

Several people within the hall were wide eyed, the Princess' mouth was agape, and the Prince especially, while the emperor stood there with a hint of confusion, but he quickly dissolved that with an unfazed expression.

"How is that possible...?" He asked.

"Scouts have found the sight, several men were burned and ash were scattered, including some of the ballista sand trebuchets they were Burning."

"We have concluded the ash to be the remains of the footmen."

"What happened to the Fortress-Destroyer Tanks?"

"They are nowhere to be found, but There were enormous burn marks on the ground with Iron & bronze remains, they may have been destroyed completely."

"What about the Summoned Hero?"

"The Arch-Knight is nowhere to be found, we only found her bare armour which was filled with ash, The Hero May have suffered the same fate as all those footmen

"They May have been Annihilated...?" The princess uttered

"By what? What can even deal this much damage?!" The prince yelled out.

"I'm sorry your highness, we have yet to find an explanation, but rumours are circulating that it may be Heavenly punishment."

"Preposterous! Why would the Gods, even go ahead and directly attack now?!"

"Son, Calm Down, Now..." The emperor's words which were louder and more stern than prior have silenced all of them.

"*sigh* Leo." The emperor called out, with a sigh.

Eventually the doors opened and an individual stepped into the hall, The Resurrected one of the empire, Leo.

"Yes, Your majesty?" He overheard the entire situation, so he doesn't need to ask questions about the occurrences, however behind that door he was frustrated and in deep thought at what could do something with this much damage, the damage allotted surpassed what he could do by comparison.

"What do you make of this unprecedented situation?"

"That does not effect our conquest, my Tanks and muskets are undergoing faster manufacturing, and new designs are being ruled out. That summoned one is but a vanguard to hold out before the time's come."

"Alright... But, I would like to know any ideas on what caused that event, and how will we respond?"

"I have many thoughts, but I can't speak it completely." He replied.