Vol. 3 Chapter 2 - Drone Down

The Accumulation Program has been progressing, moderately, but not too aggressively, This May cause some skepticism of our intentions towards the nomadic settlements, if the SES and Defence Force were to conduct rapid assaults with very little survivors.

It has been three days since the program began, our forces have spread out gaining 'De facto' Territory, at the same time Some Personnel begins to conduct the first stages of development such as the creation of new paved roads or the widening and flattening of current roads.

———
(Sagorski POV)

With permission from the Director, I have sent the first V-13 Drone Mark II, above the lands of the Neutral regions, though I was currently controlling the Drone's flight kilometres from the border of the UKP.

The Dispatch was also to monitor and observe the progress of the program and complete objectives such as; Discovery of Hidden outposts.

"Okay... So far, so good..." I uttered out, as I continued controlling the Drone's direction, as several subordinates and fellow 'science team' members were observe the progress.

After about an hour, Notable Performance differences between this Upgrade and the previous, Such as An increase in Maximum speed to reach approximately 650 kph (considering its straight-wing configuration), the improvement of autonomously-Generated gyroscopic stability specifically for Sustaining Helicopter-like VTOL, and More effective x-y-z orientational CB (Controlled-Burst) Manifolds for sharp manoeuvring.

"Hehe... One more applause for the science team?" I eventually called out, receiving dozens of claps.

"Hmm...?" I eventually spot a large forested area, and went to try an NOE Flyover.

"Oh hell yeah..." I uttered out as the view from the camera looked much like the dramatic opening of a fantasy Trailer, the trees getting passed over at a rapid pace.

"Now this is-" I got cut off as the drone was struck and it was knocked of balance, I could've sworn I saw a red flash from peripheral view of the Camera.

"W-what the hell!?" I yelled out, as several others follow suit with my shock.

The display noted the failure of the Gyroscopic systems, and that the electronics are disrupted, before the video cut off as the Drone descended into the forest.  We were practically silent... One dropped his Coffee mug, shattering as it impacted the floor. We stared at the only message on the screen; 'Visual-transmission Severed'.

"...G-Give me Director, on the phone..." I asked one of my subordinates.

———
(Matthew POV)

"I- H-Hold on- Wait, What just Happened...?"

["T-The Drone, was... Downed."]

"..." I remained silent as I was in a state of partial anxiety, The drone is by far the most advanced asset we have extending far beyond Cold War. If the drone were to fall into the hands of any individual native to this world, it may result in catastrophic situations.

They are highly advanced, and difficult to even manufacture due to all their electronics, making it almost impossible for natives to reverse-engineer it properly... But... I can't be too optimistically Presumptuous.

["D-Director... I... I have no excuse... I'll be ready for an Execution for my-"]

"Hold it right there!"

I heard the surprised noises from Sagorski through the phone as I yelled.

"Sagorski... Even though you've lost a drone it doesn't mean it's irretrievable, Execution... Sagorski, I'm pretty sure you know me enough, I'am not executing any of my personnel, That is inhumane."