Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

In a single grey room, sat Colette. her wrists cuffed to a single latching point on the table, an Anti-magic collar wrapped around her neck, followed by a few Mana-suppression markings drawn by Akane on her palms. Her head facing down, the atmosphere in the room unbearably tense, as she continues to internally hit herself, persisting to keep her mouth shut, all the while reminiscing about her homeland, her team, and Adele.

'F**k... Don't show weakness, No sentimental thoughts, No sentimental thoughts...' she thought to herself.
The two previous interrogations before now were fairly calm. She barely talked as she proceeded to prevent any possible way to give answers.

Her tense feeling lightened and a sense of pride grew, but she remained vigilant as she anticipated a point wherein they may physically harm her, and she is trying to make sure she can Steel herself enough.

Meanwhile in the room just behind the one-way mirror, Several DRD personnel responsible for the monitoring and data collecting of Colette, including a few Defence, Homeland Security, and Foreign Affairs personnel assigned to get some of the data regarding Urestan's Elites, with Colette serving as a basis. However, as of the moment, they are laying back as the interrogations weren't effective through calm disposition.

"Alright, This isn't getting anywhere."

"Director authorized more abrasively harmful actions should it be necessary."

"All we've been doing was asking the questions directly without consideration for other factors, It'd be preferable at a time like this to aim for a more vulnerable spot." An Individual from the DFA, Department of Foreign Affairs, Spoke.

"Hm?"

"I'll try exploiting the vulnerability of her mind."

"This is basically a magical girl, we have little information with regard to their capabilities, of which there is a possibility of self-provided mental editing, sure she may be incapable of using magic now, but her mind might've been altered for quite some time now, Presumably back when she was in Urestan."

"That is a possibility that can't be overlooked, but... noting psychology and what's evidently present I've surmised she is no different from human. I've been created with a bit of therapeutic knowledge in mind, And had she possessed such mental invulnerability, why hasn't she confidently retorted?"

"...Perhaps it's to prevent her from accidentally spilling the beans in her speech?"

"Perhaps. But knowing the consequences of overconfidence doesn't mean mental invulnerability, it just means common sense."

"Wow, something I never thought I would see in our enemies in this world." Another Individual commented.

"Well, okay. You got us there."

"And remember when I said 'evidently present'? I've looked at her closely during the previous interrogations, and her eyes spoke a lot of words in contrast to her mouth."

"Hm?"

"She's more vulnerable than you think, I'd rather not explain what I've noticed just-in-case, but I can say... She seems to be more focused on something else rather than what's in front of her, perhaps another theory as to why she didn't speak. But either way, there is a point which I can exploit." He said before he looked over to a few snapped photos just by the side of the room, primarily of a few collectibles, few of the many found from the captured and the deceased, one of which was a locket.

"...Well, Our assignment is by any means to make her talk." One of the previous interrogators said. "Go ahead, she's all yours." She permitted. Sliding the folder towards the DFA individual.

Future Shock (Initial Project)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara