Song Bird (Sacha Carlson x Reader)

(a/n: video has nothing to do with the one shot)

I had just finished a scene for the show, Julie and the Phantoms.

My character, Delilah, was Carrie Wilson's twin sister. Delilah had a severe crush on Carries boyfriend, Nick.

And despite me not relating to my Character that much, we had one thing in common. We both had a crush on Nick, well I had a crush on Sacha Carlson.

We had many scenes together because of our characters mixed relationship.

I was sitting in the hair/makeup trailer getting ready for another scene when Sacha walked in.

"Hey, Y/N, are you ready for the next scene? I know the dance moves are hard to remember for you," He asked.

He sat down and had his hair fixed as a makeup artist did my eyeshadow.

"Yeah I'm good, Madison and Charlie were helping me with the group dance part. I'm pretty sure I won't step on your toes this time," I said

"Did you come up with your solo song yet? I know Jeremy was helping you with that," He asked me.

"Yeah, It's called Song Bird. Get it? Because Delilah has always wanted to sing but she's scared of being shunned by Carrie," I blushed, I never told anyone the true meaning of the song.

Well, The truth is that Jeremy and I were able to write the song in under 30 minutes. And I was describing Delilah as myself, in love with Nick.

I wrote the song based on my crush for Sacha. How I felt like a bird trapped. I wanted to be free to fly, to be free to express how I feel. But I can't always fly, I can't say how I feel.

"Y/N, hey earth to Y/N," Sacha's voice pulled me in. I turned to look at him. "You zoned out for a minute" He said, smiling.

"Oh sorry" I said "I was just thinking about the song being performed today for everyone to hear. It's kind of made me nervous." I replied, sighing.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't mind listening to your song for you. You could sing it right now to me if you'd like or after we're done in here" He smiled at me.

"Sure I'd love to sing for you, just let me finish my makeup and hair and then we could sit by the trees. I have the instrumental track on my phone." I said, blushing.

~time skip to under the trees~

"Okay so I already told you the title of the song wad song bird. but I never actually told you what it truly meant to me. I wrote it about this crush I have on a boy in the cast. And I figured you'd be a good person to test the song on since, you know, you're a boy." I said, sitting down.

Sasha sat down next to me and both her backs were leaned against the trunk of the tree. "He must be pretty special guy if you wrote a whole song about him." He Replied.

"Yeah he's basically become my whole world and more. I care about him and his stupid blonde hair than anyone else in this cast." I quickly shut my mouth, realizing what I just said.

"Oh so you like Owen. Go figure, you have a lot of scenes with him." Sasha said,. his voice sounded down as though I just told him that his family pet died. "I feel like you two would be a cute couple. You're pretty nice person Y/N. Anyone would be lucky to have you." Sacha blurted.

"Thanks I guess. Um, I didn't mean to make you upset. Maybe the song will cheer you up." I tried to make him feel better. I knew the song would mean something to him. Maybe it would form a connection between us.

(Quick A/N: I am putting in a video for the song from the DCOM Cinderella. Pretend that it is 'Song Bird' That Y/N is singing)

(Song: Why don't I (rehearsal version)- Sofia Carson )

After I finish singing Sacha just stared at me.

"Please say something. I don't know if your reaction is good or bad." I whispered. I feel so exposed in this moment. "Sacha you're my best friend here, I won't be mad if you absolutely hated it."

"No it's not bad. Really the opposite of bad, I loved it. The song was really deep and I can tell it meant something to you." He smiled, so wide I was scared his head might combust. "Owen must mean a lot to you if you wrote this whole song about him."

"I don't like Owen, okay?" I said. "I like you Sacha. You're the only person here that makes me feel like I belong. You can brighten my day with one word, you can make me smile with one look. In my eyes you're literally perfection. Yeah I like Owen, but as a friend, he's like my older brother. Sacha I think I'm in love with you." I buried my head between my knees, almost in a fetal position. The brim of my eyes were threatened with tears spilling down my face.

"Y/N, I really really really like you too. I think you're so cool and talented and you amaze me everyday." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "When I thought you liked Owen it basically crushed me. I thought of you is more than my best friend, but I wanted you to be happy with someone who made you happy. But now that I know that I'm the one who makes you happy, I want to make you happy all the time."

He sighed and looked down at his hands. I looked over at him, a few straggling tears drying on my face. I couldn't help but smile because in this moment he looked like a little kid. "Sacha, look me in the eyes and tell me a secret. Something you've never told anyone else about." I whispered.

He looked up, crystal blue eyes meeting mine. Wind blowing through his hair, ruffling his shirt. He leaned closer to me and I shuddered.

"I've never told anyone, not a single soul, I am a deeply, unfathomably in love with you." His eyes wandered down to my lips and we slowly connected.

Out lips moved in sync as if they were made for each other. I might also add that this was my first kiss. My body shook slightly from nerves. Unlike Delilah, I got the boy. And I wasn't letting him go.

We pulled apart for air, Sacha tested his forehead against mine.

"Be my girlfriend? Please?" He asked, the smile in his voice was contagious.

My hands rested on his cheeks as I admired his face. He really couldn't be more perfect.

"Of course Mr. Carlson."

"Oh my god Y/N, you're ruining such a sweet moment." He joked. "But you'll always be my songbird." He kissed the back of my hand and scooted closer to me.

My life felt good. And Y/N Carlson didn't sound too bad.