Dancing with your ghost (part 2)

I poofed out to the garage. Alex and Reggie were lounging lazily on the couch.

"Hey are you okay y/n?" Alex asks as he comes over to me.

"I'm fine," I said as my eyes watered.

"You're clearly not okay. Come on let's go sit down," Alex says. He pulls me to the couch.

Reggie scoots next to me.

"If I tell you, please promise you won't tell Luke or Julie," I said, sniffling.

They both nodded.

"Okay so, when I died, I was actually on my way here, to Julie's house. It was really late at night but I had finally been accepted into the music program. I was going down the street and well, you obviously know how I died. But I was going to confess to Julie. I like Julie a lot. But maybe I don't deserve her. She is better off with a guy or somebody who didn't desert her like I did. Maybe it's my fault, even though I didn't mean to die," I said, silent tears rolled down my cheeks.

I turned to see Reggie and Alex crying.

"Y/n, it's not your fault. It's no one's fault. And even if you and Julie weren't meant to be, you have us now. We can be your friends," Alex runs my back as I cry into his shoulder.

"Why're you crying?" A voice asks.

Luke and Julie walk in with grins that disappeared once I looked up at them.

"For nothing. It's fine," I said as I wiped my eyes and put on a not so convincing smile.

Julie looked at me concerned. She did a hand motion that I haven't seen in two months.

It was something we did when we wanted to talk alone. A tap on the wrist and a weird looking spider finger thing.

She slowly backed out of the garage and I poofed into Julie's bedroom.

I waited a few minutes and then Julie walked into her room.

"Hey," She said.

"Hey," I replied.

"Are you really okay?" Julie asked.

"To be honest, no," I said. "Being a ghost is super hard. Like it's cool to teleport and have random abilities but it's kind of lonely."

"So how are you feeling now that I can see you?" Julie asked.

"Still alone," I said.

"Why?" Julie said.

We both sat down on the bed, keeping two feet between us.

"Because, I'm here but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I walk around during the day and watch you do homework at night. I get I to free concerts but have no one stop sing with. And now you can see me but I don't know why," I sigh. "And there's a million things that I want to tell you but I can't because I'm scared, okay?"

"Well there's a million things to say to you too. But honestly, what you heard of that song the other night, I meant every word of it. I don't know how long you'd stay at night to watch me, and that's kind of creepy y/n. But I'd dance and pretend you were here. It was our song we used to play, remember?" Julie asked, smiling at me.

"How could I forget?" I said.

We sang the song together softly and I watched Julie the whole time. Her eyes were closed and she seemed at peace.

"You look so broken when you cry, once more and then I'll say goodbye," I said we quietly when we finished.

"Are you okay?" Julie asked.

"I'm never okay," I said as I threw up some finger guns and an awkward peace sign.

"I'm being serious for once y/n. Are you really okay?" Julie asked.

Her eyes had tears. Her face expressed concern. Her body looked rigid.

"I want to be honest with you but I swear that it will ruin everything and I don't want to lose you again," I said.

"You can't lose me. I don't want to lose you either. Whatever you say can't hurt me," Julie said.

"Okay but I know you deserve better," I said. I sighed and felt myself take a shaky breath. "I like you okay? I've liked you for. while and the night I was kidnapped, I was going to ask you out."

I don't know why but suddenly my outfit changed.

I forgot I could do that.

I was in the outfit I wore the night I died. The outfit I was going to ask Julie out in.

It looked like I was cosplaying Reggie but on a budget.

"I like you too y/n. And I know you've always doubted yourself. I also know it's complicated since you're a ghost," Julie said softly.

"I didn't know," I replied.

"Of course you didn't. I was always talking about Nick but that was to avoid being hate crimed," Julie said.

"I'd kiss you right now if it wasn't for me being a ghost," I chuckled.

"Woah, y/n making the first move?" Julie laughed.

"Hey, I've waited all my life and two months for this," I said.

"And I know. So do you want to dance with me?" Julie asked.

"Anything for you Julie Molina," I said as I did an awkward curtsey.

"God, I love you Y/n," Julie said.

I felt my cheeks get warm even though I knew blood wasn't running through my body.

"I love you too Julie," I said.

And we danced.