Girl in Red (Carrie x Julie)

(You know we've all seen this one coming. it was just a matter of time) no ghost AU

Carrie Pov

I walked into the music classroom early. No one was here so I sat down at my usual spot. I waited impatiently until I saw people start flooding into the classroom from the hall.

I liked to get to class early to see her walk in.

Julie.

Now I know what you're thinking. Most people would immediately think that I don't like Julie. I've know Julie since we were kids. And I do have feelings for her.

But after her mom passed away, she grew distant from me. So I figured it was better to push her away than to try and fix or friendship.

I really do like her. I never realized how much I liked her until I pushed her away and started being rude to her.

The way the brown in her eyes turn golden when the sun hits them just right. Her lips curve up gently when she smiles. Her hair bounces when she walks. Her clothes always match her personality.

And even if I wanted to fix things between us, I couldn't. I was dating Nick. I knew Julie liked him so that meant she was straight. But if I kept Nick to myself, no one would touch Julie.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Julie walked through the door. Mrs. Harrison stopped her and they were talking. Julie walked out and Flynn sat down alone. 

I forgot. Yesterday was her last chance to stay in the music program. And I probably caused her to fail. How could I be so stupid?

I knew though since Julie had the music program dropped, she would have a free period during this time. I asked to go to the bathroom and set off to find Julie.

I heard the faint sound of a familiar song.

I wanna be your Girlfriend by Girl in Red.

It was coming from an empty classroom.

I've played that song on loop ever since I've recognized my feelings for Julie.

I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom.

I saw Julie doodling in a notebook as she mouthed the words to the song.

"Hey Jules," I said, approaching her.

She looked startled as she looked up to see me. She didn't say anything so I sat down next to her. I built up enough confidence to actually say something.

"I like this song. Do you listen to girl in red too?" I asked.

It was silent for a while before she answered. "Yeah, I also like Summer Depression and 4am," She replied, lowering the volume of the song.

Now was my chance I guess.

"You know I don't hate you right?" I said.

"You don't?"

"No, I've never hated you. It's the opposite really," I said, my heart beat speeding up.

"Why are you so rude to me?" She asked.

"I'm jealous of you," I answered. "You have a perfect life, best friend, stable family, and are carefree. I have a crappy dad and people I pay to like me."

"Oh,"

"Look, I know I haven't exactly been the nicest person the past year. I'm sorry about your mom. You distanced yourself so I thought it would be better to let go because how I felt," I replied, and felt Julie stiffen next to me