Alex + Reader (platonic)

requested by wormtaill

Y/n pov

I first met Alex on the he fifth of October in 1993. We had just moved next door to him and our mothers loved getting together to talk about random things.

Of course, I always got stuck with Alex, not like I was complaining though.

Alex and I got closer and it was pretty hard to separate us.

Most people who looked at us always assumed that we were dating. What people didn't know was that Alex was gay.

Anyway, when Alex finally formed a band with his friends, needless to say, I was excited.

I would be at every band rehearsal, song write and show.

And now it was two days before their epic performance at the Orpheum.

"Hey y/n," Alex sat next to me.

I snapped out of my daze and smiled at him.

"Third rehearsal this week. I think you guys sound fine," I said as I give his hand a tight squeeze.

"Yeah well, Luke is very adamant about rehearsal and Bobby was sick the first two rehearsal," Alex sighs.

I lean on his shoulder before moving back.

"Ew, you're all sweaty again," I said as I looked at his sweat soaked t-shirt.

"Stage lights get really hot y/n," Alex said seriously.

"Hey guys," Luke and Reggie came and sat in front of us.

"Great two more sweaty boys," I playfully complain.

"Woah, it's all part of the process of being a superstar," Luke says as he shakes his hair.

Small sweat beads go flying everywhere and I use Alex as a human shield.

"So the guys and I are going to get street dogs. Want to come?" Alex asked and wrapped a sweaty arm around me.

"Ew, sure I'll go but please stop with your gross sweat," I joked as I pushed his arm off of me.

"Cool, meet us around the back in five. We need to grab our stuff," Alex said. 

He walked away with Reggie and Luke. I could hear them teasing him about liking me and I just shook my head. 

Alex was my best friend. 

After five minutes, I met the guys around the back and we walked to their usual street dog vendor. 

"Pickles or no pickles?" I asked Alex as I looked at the condiments. 

"Aren't you allergic to them?" Alex asked. 

"Yep," I popped the p and passed up the pickles. 

"Let's go sit with the other two nut cases," Alex sighed as we saw Reggie and Luke acting like babies on the beat-up couch.

I sat cramped next to Alex and Luke. 

We all but into our dogs at the same time and honestly, they tasted like crap. 

After a few minutes, I felt sick to my stomach. 

"Guys. I don't feel good," Reggie said before passing out. 

"Reg, no," Luke whimpered as I saw him die in front of me.

"Alex? What's happening?" I asked, slurring my words a bit.

"We weren't ready for this life y/n," Alex said. 

I fumbled for his hand a bit and grasped it tightly when I found it.

"Nothing like dying with a friend," I said, feeling my eyes get heavy.

It all went black.