No One Runs From Josué Young

I marched through the stairwell doors straight to my office. Denver was having a staring contest with Bianca, who wasn't really staring back. I could tell she was staring past her, but from anywhere else it looked like she was actually playing Denver's little game. She is so annoying. Why is she even here? How did she even get in?

"Denver, my office!" Bianca smiled at me. "Now!" I barked when she didn't move.

"Shall I wait out here, Mr. Young?" Bianca asked.

"You can come in, darling." I smiled at her and shot a glare at Denver. She rolled her eyes and followed us into my office.

I was going to tell her one last time and that would be it. I'm so tired of her coming into my company and pretending I'm okay with it. Especially when I bring other women around. Like how does she know when I've been sleeping with someone? Aria didn't seem to care, and I'm glad Bianca wasn't going to take any crap from her.

"Sit down," I ordered and took a seat. Denver scoffed, but obeyed me. Bianca took her perch on the edge of my desk. "What are you doing here, Denver?"

"...I can't come visit my fiancé?" she asked.

Fiancé? Who the heck does she think she is?

"My uncle doesn't want to deal with your crap anymore. You are not my fiancée."

"I thought it would work this time." Denver shrugged and crossed her legs. "You can't run from me forever. I heard about Aria. It's sad she wasn't who she said she was."

"What happened between us is none of your business. I'd advise you to stay away from here or you're going to find yourself on the receiving end of a restraining order. You're sticking your nose into places they shouldn't be and it's making me angry. My uncle wants nothing to do with you anymore. I never wanted anything to do with you."

"So...you're ditching me for another whore...again?"

"First of all, Bianca is not a whore. Never will be. She's another woman like you who deserves more respect than you give." Bianca and I shared a look. I know we're going to be talking about this after work. "Secondly, I'm not ditching you, because I've already ditched you before."

"You're making this hard for yourself. I waited for you for all these years. Now you're pretending we never had a relationship," she complained. "I don't like it when you meet with other women. What do they have that I don't?"

Bianca stood up and scoffed. I knew I couldn't say anything now. I wasn't interested in getting yelled at to shut up.

"Denver, isn't it?" she asked. "I don't know who you think you are to come waltzing in here and pointing out that every woman who isn't you is a whore. Just because some of us aren't born into money, it doesn't mean we want to chase after it either."

"Just admit you're a gold-digger."

"I'll admit that when you admit you're just a desperate woman in need of a guy to keep her rich for the rest of her life."

"W-w-what?"

"You're...the gold-digger."

💲💲💲💲💲💲

The meeting went as planned. We got more done than I'd thought. Bianca said she was due back at the nightclub soon, but I wasn't willing to let her leave. Shayne thought I was being clingy once more. I was not! Edward and Jared kept cracking jokes about me and all the women I keep bringing around. Why do I keep them around?

After the meeting was over, I called for everyone who knew anything about the watch. Bianca entered the room after everyone had settled in. I watched her walk over to me and bend down to whisper something to me.