Chapter 1

Mora was currently restless as she fought her wolf side. It was a constant battle but one she grew up fighting. Every second, minute and hour of each day was filled with this inner battle. Sometimes she was jealous of her older brother for not having to deal with this as well as her parents and pack members.

'Kill,' her wolf demanded and Mora shook her head.

'No, we protect pack not hurt.' She reminded her wolf who ultimately submitted.

She sighed as she continued training. Everyone could see when she struggled as her skin rippled and her claws lengthened and retracted. "Keep going!" She ordered and everyone continued to spar.

Thankfully the extreme episodes happened less and less as she got older. Only they were now coming back as their pack was to host this years Warrior Tournament. Over fifty packs would be sending their top five warriors as well as Alphas, Lunas and Gammas to make alliances and compete. This year Mora was participating for her pack. She could have participated since she was 9 and first shifted but then everyone would've known about the feral shifter.

Feral shifters were rare and most were killed at the first signs of it. Typical wolves shift when they reach puberty between the ages of 12 and 15. Mora shifted at 9 but had shown signs of being feral the day she was born. She had been born with blood red eyes which is the first sign of a feral wolf. Her parents being the Betas begged the Alpha and Luna not to kill her and they agreed as long as she was proven safe around the pack. Since the day she could walk she trained, meditated and even on difficult days wore a silver band to control her instincts. She was always faster and stronger than the other wolves and had only shifted and attacked once. That was due to a group of kids attacking and bullying her when she was 9 causing her first shift.

Mora had always been the odd one out as she felt very little emotions. The only ones she really felt were anger and calm. She never smiled, never felt happy or could even empathize with any other wolves. She knew basic instincts and she used that to keep herself from killing mindlessly. On the extremely bad days she would go into no mans land and hunt rogues or wild game. The longest she disappeared was a week and she came back with a scar down her face and a massive grizzly in tow. Her wolf did enjoy caring for the pack and training them but a few were on her shit list and Mora avoided them at all costs.

As training continued Mora gave them instructions to improve and even nodded in approval at some. "Alright we are done for today. Tomorrow is a day of rest as the packs will be arriving for the tournament and we need to maintain our borders and keep the peace." She nearly scoffed as she was anything but peaceful.

With that they all bowed before dispersing. Before she could leave however two of her least favorite wolves arrived. "Mora!" The new Luna called.

Her wolf bristled having a strong dislike for wolves of authority especially those that tried to control her. Being feral meant alpha commands never worked and only served to anger her. "Yes Luna," she turned showing a blank face.

"Liam and I just wanted to make sure everything is set with the borders tomorrow and that you will still be competing." She spoke and she fought back a snarl.

They were the reason she was competing this year as they pack had rarely ever placed the past five years. As soon as Liam took over he announced she would be competing. They wanted to improve their status among packs regardless of whether or not she would get killed by the council in the process.

"Everything is set," she stated before turning.

They also used her brothers position to get her to compete. They stated if she refused he would lose his Beta position and possibly be sent rogue. It took every ounce of strength to not kill them. She was only protective over one person and that was her brother. Her wolf was fond of him and always made sure he was protected especially after they lost their father to cancer six years ago and their mother followed shortly after. He helped raise her and helped her control her anger and bloodlust.