Chapter 5

Mora spent the night hunting and calming her wolf down. She has hated that man since their first encounter the day after she was born. He had tried to kill her but luckily her father managed to stop him. She walked in to her cabin just at the crack of dawn. Luckily she was used to not sleeping for days at a time.

Marcus gave her a tired and relieved look. She showered and got ready for the final match. She would be up against the Reaper Packs Head warrior. She knew it was going to be a difficult fight but she was ready. Breakfast was silent except for some murmurs especially with the council sitting there watching everyone. No one dared to step a toe out of line for fear of repercussions.

Mora kept her back to the council as she did not want to aggravate her wolf. Shaw, Bo and May sat down beside her and her brother. Mora placed a note in front of Shaw for him to read. She knew she was asking a lot but she needed his ability to calm her wolf.

Shaw,

Burn once read. I will need you today especially dealing with the council. You calm my wolf so please stay close by. I understand we agreed to keep the bond a secret but if push comes to shove I will need your contact to keep my wolf from slaughtering the old bastard. Even if you could throughout the day subtly touch me to help calm her I will be appreciative. 

Shaw read the note and barely kept himself from showing any type of emotion. Especially as his wolf was yipping in joy like a puppy. He folded it up and placed it in his pocket to burn as soon as he could. He placed his hand on her arm. Red eyes connected to his green ones. "Whatever you need," he spoke softly and she nodded.

The rest of breakfast and on their way to the training grounds he would subtly brush up against her. He bent over and whispered a good luck in her ear before he left walking over to his head warrior. Mora was utterly confused at the feeling bubbling in her stomach. It was something new and made her wolf purr. Even her wolf was confused by the feeling but she thoroughly enjoyed the strong male brushing up against her.

Marcus got her back into focus with his usual pep talk as he called it. She felt herself bristle as her grandfather spoke behind her. "After the fight we will need to speak with you Mora and whoever you wish for support and witnesses may be there. We will meet you in the conference room after the fight." He told her and she barely held back the growl.

Luckily he couldn't see her face as she was snarling. Shaw stepped into her line of sight narrowing his eyes on her grandfather. She somehow relaxed seeing him and when his eyes connected with hers her wolf calmed just enough for her to steel herself. She walked into the ring without a backwards glance. The warrior she was facing was a large male. He was nearly as large as Shaw and she cocked her head seeing his expression.

He was smiling at her bouncing on the balls of his feet. "Names Zane, it will be a pleasure fighting against you today." He told her holding out his hand.

She gripped his hand and shook it. She was still a bit surprised at his happy and friendly demeanor. "Mora, I look forward to having a competent opponent." She replied and he laughed.

Before either could say more the ref singled them to get ready. His smile vanished as he became determined and Mora cocked an eyebrow at the quick change. She got ready as the bell rang and they charged one another. Everyone watched in silent awe as the two warriors moved quickly. Some couldn't even keep up as they moved so fast.

Mora was dodging and blocking while throwing her own hits and Zane was doing the same. They were both a bloody mess when they separated for a few seconds before going right back at it. Mora was filled with mirth at finally having a worthy opponent. He had already broken several of her ribs and fractured her forearm but she kept going.