Chapter 7

After much persuasion and convincing Shaw managed to get Mora to wear one of his shirts to bed. He swore she was trying to kill him in embarrassment. Surprisingly they both slept well and Shaw woke up to Mora laying on his bare chest and their legs intertwined. She looked so peaceful sleeping and was glad to see all her bruises and cuts healed.

He gently woke her up and told her to get ready as they would shift and run the borders and hunt. Afterwards he would give her a tour of the inside of the pack before breakfast and training. Mora was unsure of shifting and running with Shaw as her wolf was too unpredictable. She took a deep breath before communicating with her wolf.

"Protect new pack and male," she told her wolf who stood up shaking her fur.

"Impress male with hunting big game, protect male and new pack." Her wolf responded and she relented.

Her wolf seemed more tame around Shaw but there was no telling what would happen should a threat present itself. She shifted into her dark brown wolf as Shaw shifted into his black one. His wolf was large and rather impressive and Mora's wolf puffed up her chest rumbling happily with the male in front of her. His wolf sniffed and brushed himself against Mora's wolf who happily returned the favor. She was surprised to see her wolf so relaxed and calm.

Her wolf ultimately had enough of him scenting her and nipped at him impatiently. He grumbled but took off running with her following right behind him. They ran the border together and Mora was relieved to not scent any rogues. A few other wolves passed them but bowed their heads in respect.

"Like new pack, wolves kinder, more respect." Her wolf told her and she had to agree.

They continued running until they caught the scent of a herd of deer. They instantly started stalking them and Mora easily took down the largest buck. Shaw took down another large buck and her wolf seemed to get turned on seeing the male able to hunt and provide. They began dragging the deer back when a new scent hit Mora's nose before Shaw's. Instantly she dropped the deer and snarled.

A deep growl responded to her snarl as a large grizzly stepped into the field. Shaw was growling beside her wanting to protect their mate. "Kill threat to male," her wolf growled and before Mora could respond she was shoved back as her wolf launched at the bear.

Shaw snapped out of linking for back up as the feral she-wolf launched at the massive bear. He rushed to help her as she dodged a claw and latched onto the bears thick pelt. She dug her claws in as the bear roared in pain. Shaw barely missed his other paw and latched onto the opposite side of her. Mora's wolf was too concerned with Shaw's wolf to see the claw coming towards them. The bear swiped her lose clawing her side and she landed with a rough yelp.

The bear swung another claw towards Shaw but Mora latched on before it could reach him. She was now in the danger zone as she crushed the bones in the bears paws. She didn't care she just wanted to protect Shaw and kill the bear. This time the bear grabbed her scruff and yanked her back throwing her against a tree. Shaw released the bear as Mora struggled to get up. The bear set its sights on Shaw and that proved to be a fatal mistake.

With one last burst of energy she launched herself onto the bears back and gripped its neck. She clawed and shook as she ripped through the tough skin. Eventually her claws hit the mark as she got thrown once again. The bear wobbled and took two steps before falling dead. Shaw rushed to Mora's side whining and licking her. She grumbled at him and went to stand. The sound of paws however cause Shaw to go into protection mode as his wolf laid on top of Mora. He growled at the wolves who entered the field while shielding his injured mate.

Shaw barely got control back from his wolf and stopped growling linking them to bring the bear and deer back while he took care of Mora. Her wolf was not happy about being babied but once the wolves left he stood up. She went to stand but he stood over her and began licking her from head to tail. Mora was utterly confused as to what he was doing and he even ignored her wolf's growls and nips. He would just rumble his chest at her and continue cleaning her wounds.