Chapter 13

Mora had been surprised her wolf was relatively calm and not trying to force her way out the past few days. Usually she had needed to shift every day or every other day at the very least. It had been four days since they returned and she hadn't had a problem. It may have had something to do with the half naked male sleeping beside her though.

Shaw had basically refused to leave her side. The only time he did was when he had to run and handle something quick since Bo was supposed to be returning today. It was going to be a stressful day as they were merging the new members from Garrisons pack. Mora was not sure how they would respond to seeing all the ferals herself included. She hated being injured and unable to protect the Pack if need be.

Shaw constantly reassured her he could handle them if it came to it but he was much more optimistic than she was. Mora was a pessimistic realist. She knew the likely outcomes but always prepared for the worst. That way she was never caught off guard or disappointed.

Shaw began to stir as she was mindlessly drawing patterns on his bare chest. His chest rumbled in contentment as his arms gently tightened around her. "Get out of that pretty head of yours," he grumbled sleepily.

Her hand froze and she looked at him with a blank yet slightly confused expression. "I can feel your emotions swirling. Although you won't let me see what you are thinking I can still feel the emotions your thoughts are creating." He said eyes still closed.

He cracked one of his eyes open and looked at her with a playful glare. "Now stop worrying and give me a kiss."

Mora surprised him by rolling her eyes but cracking a smile and pecking his lips. He couldn't help but return her smile. They got up and ready for the day. Mora had been cooking for Shaw the past few days and he couldn't believe the amazing food she made. Half of it he couldn't pronounce and usually earned a smile and sometimes a small laugh when he tried. Mora seemed to be getting used to all these new emotions and even using them more.

Once they were completely ready he walked with her to the doctor for a check up before the new members arrived. Dr. Cole was surprised at how well she was healing and how quickly. "It seems you should be able to shift tomorrow but try and wait another day after that to be on the safe side. You can then start light work but I want to see you back in another three days."

Mora nodded as did Shaw. He felt her relief through the bond and gave her a winning smile. The quickly made their way to the pack house as they were almost late. The stood beside Marcus just as the cars began to pull up.

Bo was the first one out and he greeted May and his son lovingly. He then turned to Mora and gave her a nod. "Glad to have you home safe." He told her and she gave him a nod back.

"Glad to be home." She was telling the truth as this was the first time she truly felt at home.

Shaw pulled her closer to him and kissed her temple. "This will always be your home." He whispered and she shook her head giving him a small smile.

"No, you will always be my home." She told him and he sucked in a breath as everyone looked at the gamma couple lovingly.

Before the conversation could continue all 200 members of Garrisons Pack gathered in front of them. They all looked at Mora with varying looks of uncertainty, distaste, hatred and even lust. Shaw pulled her closer and flashed his canines at them.

Mora just remained neutral but felt satisfied when they all looked down. Bo was also glaring at them. "Now I can see you all seem to already have your own opinions on my Gamma female. Let me make this 100% clear. She is more pack than you and I will not allow any bigotry in my pack. We recently rescued over 50 ferals children who are also part of this pack." Multiple gasps were heard as well as murmurs, snarls and just pure shock.