Chapter 8

May couldn't help but smile and giggle at how confused and clueless Mora was towards mates. She had asked May how Shaw had smelt her and was clueless that he could smell when she was turned on.

"Is that why his scent gets stronger when he gets harder?" She asked and May nodded smiling ear to ear.

"So what else would you like to know about mates?" She asked curious to see all of what she knew.

Mora thought for a second and shrugged. "I don't know or understand much about mates. All I know is they mark each other and reproduce to ensure future generations. I was never taught anything as no one believed I would have a mate."

May's jaw dropped at this. "Oh goddess, well we have a lot to go over then." She turned and went to a bookshelf and pulled out two large books.

She placed them on the table between the two and Mora looked even more confused. "Alright so this one will explain the mate bond, how it was created, how it works and what it does." She pointed to the larger of the two. "This one is about marking and mating and what each of those entails as well as what to expect after it happens. Now it will also explain what happens if neither of those takes place within a certain amount of time and what to expect. We have a month until the next solstice so that give you and Shaw time to get to know one another and complete the bond before your first heat. The book will explain heat and what to expect. Heat is also the only time a she-wolf can get pregnant and those happen on each solstice so four times a year. Why don't you start looking them over and I'll answer any questions you have?"

Mora nodded curious for more information and began reading through the books. Over the next two hours she asked plenty of questions and was starting to understand more about mates. She frowned when she read males become over protective when the female is pregnant and around the time of heat. If Shaw is not around when a heat occurs she will basically throw herself at the first male to quench it unless she is marked. Even then males can be ravenous due to the scent of a females heat and take her.

She also learned mates once marked can feel if the other is unfaithful but she could not picture herself ever doing something of the sort. Her wolf was picky of males and had never found one of interest until Shaw.

At dinner she was shocked to see her brother with a female. He looked nervous as they approached Mora and Shaw. Shaw placed a hand on her thigh as no one knew how she would react. "Mora, this is my mate Claire, Claire my sister Mora." He introduced the two and Claire looked anxious.

Mora examined the female silently for a few seconds. She looked rather sweet with blonde hair and deep brown eyes. Opposite of her brothers brown hair and blue eyes. "Congratulations brother she looks like a good female. I must warn you however Claire, you hurt my brother I will come after you like a rabid rogue."

Claire nodded her head rapidly. "Never, I'd never hurt him, promise." She spoke just as fast and Mora nodded.

They talked a bit and she discovered Claire was the former Beta's daughter and only child making Marcus Beta once more. She held the position for the past four years helping Bo until she found her mate and he took over. It was an odd but good turn of events.

After dinner Mora and Shaw walked back to their house. She sat down on the couch beside him. "Did you make the list I asked?" She questioned and he chuckled shaking his head.

"No Mora, most of the things I want to know can't be asked its just something we learn about one another as time goes on. For example today I learned you are fiercely protective of me especially if I get hurt. Your eyes also turn a dark red when you get seriously angry and I find it very sexy." He told her and she nodded and shrugged.