Chapter 10

Mora ended up sleeping until the following morning. She was slightly irritated that Shaw did not wake her but he quickly squashed that anger by bringing her breakfast and placing a kiss on her mark.

The council was on their way there and would be arriving by dinner. Mora started the day working with the feral children and Bryce. He was excited to have more kids like him especially several around his age. She had Shaw, Marcus and Bo help keep the children in line.

Most were alright, some were skittish, while other had some serious anger. Again Mora was surprised how they all seemed to have more emotions than she did even if it was only fear and excitement. She was slowly learning these emotions and both Marcus and Bo were shocked when she smiled for the first time.

She then helped them train the warriors on how to best deal with them as well as regular training. They took a quick shower before going to greet the council as they arrived.

The council was shocked to see the amount of feral children Mora had saved and were even more horrified to learn what they had endured and that Joseph Saunders, her grandfather was responsible.

"This is clearly a tragedy but unfortunately our hands are tied. We have no laws protecting feral children and even used to support them being killed at birth." The new head councilman said.

Mora snarled at that. "So rape, abuse and allowing innocent pups to fight to the death or for food is alright? If they were rogue children and we found them in a pack you would prosecute to the fullest extent. These are peoples pups, siblings and mates! Just because we are more wolf than human does not condone this kind of treatment! So either you do something about it or I will."

They looked at her with a mixture of shame, guilt, anger, and shock. "Is that a threat Miss Thorne?" One of the councilman asked.

"No," Shaw said stepping forward. "Its a promise we as a pack make. Either you arrest and prosecute the people and packs involved or we will take them all down one by one."

Bo stood beside them and nodded. "Times have changed and it is clear not only with Mora but with all these children ferals are no less than regular pack wolves in fact they are better, stronger and more protective and loyal than us regular wolves. I hereby announce that my pack is a safe haven for feral wolves." Everyone gasped and Mora as well as multiple kids smiled.

The council began linking for a few minutes until the head councilman spoke up. "You are right and any harm against any of our kind is a crime especially children. We will enact the Thorne Act which makes it illegal to harm or kill a feral without proper cause and reason. We will begin prosecuting those involved in this feral traffic ring as well as investigating any and all packs involved. We sincerely apologize that it has taken this long and this kind of treatment for us to see what we were turning a blind eye towards was wrong. We hope you can forgive us some day."

Mora bowed her head in respect and the children watched her before following her example.  The council was shocked that within two days these children seemed to be adjusting well to pack life and even following someone. "Lets get you kids to bed," Bo said and they all nodded and followed him out with Mora and Shaw following behind them.

"Shaw," the angriest councilman spoke stopping both him and Mora. "If you ever want a good female my niece has yet to find hers. She is of alpha blood and could use a strong male like you."

Mora snarled but Shaw pulled her back. "I have an amazing female right here and she already bares my mark. Keep your bigotry and females away from me or you won't have to worry about only my mate but myself as well."

He left with a growl pulling Mora into him even further. She smirked at the now red faced councilman before kissing where she would mark Shaw. Once they got back home Mora was still angered at that councilman's words. She was pacing and would release a snarl or growl every once in a while as Shaw showered.